Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I cant get in....

I cant get in....

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:09 pm
INTERNATIONAL GETTO PIMP.

lazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy I cant get in....

my brother whom lives in perth has been asking me for years to have a holiday with him in WA. so we saved up our pennies and flew out last july for 5 weeks.
as it was a once in a life time holiday we decided to get married out there and it all went well. when we got back to sunny wolverhampton we had a serious chat and decided we wanted to live in australia.

started by doing the online assesments and found out that although my occupation as a gas fitter is worth 60 points i only had 12 months experience.
i needed 6 years

my wifes job is a teachers aide and is not on the list, we have 2 children aged 6 and 12 no criminal records, about $200,000 aud to bring with us and my brother as a sponsor.

im 34 now and wont have 6 years until im almost 40..me and the wife are totaly gutted. i thought that with a application like that it was what they wanted over there..

anyone know any other legal routes???

still totaly gutted.......chris and family...
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: I cant get in....

Sorry, can't really advise but can I suggest you post on the immigration forum, as some agents contribute there and may just be able to help. Good luck, hope your dream comes true.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

6 years .........bloody hell that sounds well OTT...I could imagone a couple of years..........have you had that absolutely 100% verified as the requirement?....

Originally Posted by lazzasurf

my brother whom lives in perth has been asking me for years to have a holiday with him in WA. so we saved up our pennies and flew out last july for 5 weeks.
as it was a once in a life time holiday we decided to get married out there and it all went well. when we got back to sunny wolverhampton we had a serious chat and decided we wanted to live in australia.

started by doing the online assesments and found out that although my occupation as a gas fitter is worth 60 points i only had 12 months experience.
i needed 6 years

my wifes job is a teachers aide and is not on the list, we have 2 children aged 6 and 12 no criminal records, about $200,000 aud to bring with us and my brother as a sponsor.

im 34 now and wont have 6 years until im almost 40..me and the wife are totaly gutted. i thought that with a application like that it was what they wanted over there..

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:18 pm

lazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the roughlazzasurf is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by happymum
Sorry, can't really advise but can I suggest you post on the immigration forum, as some agents contribute there and may just be able to help. Good luck, hope your dream comes true.
mods please move if in wrong forum..

ta..
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:18 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

perhaps get training very quick in another trade taht is greatly needed over there and you wont have to wait 6 years more like 2 or something and that will chalk you up the experience also with your brother there and maybe a company willling to sponsor you to get out there will help you out... dont give up yet
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

i needed 6 years

Your best bet would be to speak to an agent, there may be another type of visa you could apply for. Type in australia visa on google and loads will come up. Find one in the UK and ring them up.

It may mean that you have to go on a temporary regional visa, which may not be in Perth though.

Good Luck
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

mods please move if in wrong forum..

ta..
You'd be better posting it again from scratch in the Immigration forum - posts there go onto Usenet, which is accessed through newsgroups as well as via this website, and if I just move the thread it doesn't work properly!

Just do a cut/paste of your first post onto the other forum
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

what did you do before you became a gas fitter, maybe you can use your other experiences for it, if you had more than six years experience or try agency with free on-line first stage assessments to see if you are eligible. you could also try for STNI professional list visa or SIR visa.

Chris
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'd be better posting it again from scratch in the Immigration forum - posts there go onto Usenet, which is accessed through newsgroups as well as via this website, and if I just move the thread it doesn't work properly!

Just do a cut/paste of your first post onto the other forum
done...cheers.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
hi,

what did you do before you became a gas fitter, maybe you can use your other experiences for it, if you had more than six years experience or try agency with free on-line first stage assessments to see if you are eligible. you could also try for STNI professional list visa or SIR visa.

Chris
manual factory worker,.....not on the list..
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Is there not a family sponser visa where trades are nothing to do with it - your brother has to be a guarantor that you will not be a drain on society etc!!! - I would ask an agent - we are using www.ianharrop.co.uk and they are absolutely fantastic - they will tell you over the phone if there is a way for you to get in ( he is an ozzie and knows all the routes)

With regards to the trades 6 years issue - your formal training is included as i didnt have enough years as a telecomms linesperson and they wangled it with 2ys full time college course in electronics - I have my TRA in hand so it can be done!!!!! DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:04 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Chris

Sent you a Private Message.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

What private message have you sent Rossi? Just interested lol.

Try as a student over there, get the wife to study hairdressing and stuff Paul n Nik are doing it so you can too. Find them on here and have a chat to them. They are very obliging, nice people.

hugs Lace xxx
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:15 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

i needed 6 years

(DISCLAIMER: The following tale is for entertainment purposes only......please do no try this yourself.)

Some people "bend" the rules. I met up with a friend of a friend in W.A. who had worked in the same civil service department as myself.

It occurred to me that he would not have had the pass-marks to emigrate, then I found out from our mutual friend that he had told DIMIA he was a plumber, had got a false reference & whatever else he had needed. He is still in Australia nearly 5 years later, working in a private employment office.

I would be lying if I told you I knew the ins & outs of his case, in fact he doesn't know I know about his "rule-bending."
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:00 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mackinnon
Don't give up, we were given duff advise from 4 different agents over here, we met ours at a seminar in Manchester (from Perth) and she knew so many loopholes she managed to help me pass my TRA, when all the rest said no, keep trying, if you want her email add no problem let me know, worth every penny so far!
keep trying where there's a will......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.