Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I am never going to sell a house again

I am never going to sell a house again

Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default I am never going to sell a house again

It's only been on the market a week and already I hate every minute of it.

I hate not being in control and the following

People lying about coming back and how much they love it

Some people's feedback that makes no sense and of course my biggest not relaxing in your own home

feeling paranoid as the market up here is very good and everyone says wow you will sell that in no time.

We have had 8 viewings in 5 days and one offer the estate agent has been fantastic, always calls you back happy to help and will do anything for us and they have wrote a fabulous schedule.

I hate this, i am moving into a Large caravan in Oz so I don;t have to sell it to no bugger. :scared: yes I'm all of them.

I wish people where more like me when looking round I have siad yes it's nice but just not for me. Straigght to the point but no tit arsing about.

Sorry not a happy bunny today, god help me if we don't sell for a few months, I may be unable to write in my padded cell.

Thanks for listening and reading need a whisky no ice
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am never going to sell a house again

Should try selling with 3 kids. Sickness and squits last week!!! house stunk for days!!! With 3 boys aged 5 and under it is a total nightmare. We only had our house on the market 2 weeks before we sold, but with todays climate you never know what could happen until you get them to sign on the dotted line.

Good luck
Know how you feel.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Wolfens Wife, just another guy race round for a viewing
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
Should try selling with 3 kids. Sickness and squits last week!!! house stunk for days!!! With 3 boys aged 5 and under it is a total nightmare. We only had our house on the market 2 weeks before we sold, but with todays climate you never know what could happen until you get them to sign on the dotted line.
Good luck
Know how you feel.
LOL

Are you describing my own predicament?

3 kids under 4, 2 currently with the squids:scared: :scared: and just changed agent after 4.5mths of being full of hope and then depressed as hell at times!

Kids being ill puts everything into perspective, had to laugh when I read your post because I'd be crying otherwise

Nowt like the smell of shit in the morning or was that napalm?

Makes you think twice about picking your nose and biting your nails
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:40 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Carrianne

Some people's feedback that makes no sense and of course my biggest not relaxing in your own home

feeling paranoid as the market up here is very good and everyone says wow you will sell that in no time.

We have had 8 viewings in 5 days and one offer the estate agent has been fantastic, always calls you back happy to help and will do anything for us and they have wrote a fabulous schedule.

I hate this, i am moving into a Large caravan in Oz so I don;t have to sell it to no bugger. :scared: yes I'm all of them.

I wish people where more like me when looking round I have siad yes it's nice but just not for me. Straigght to the point but no tit arsing about.

Sorry not a happy bunny today, god help me if we don't sell for a few months, I may be unable to write in my padded cell.

Totally understandable. I mean, you've been doing this for a whole week now. Anybody else would be moving out by now. Poor you.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chippy it's a hard life, not being in control and love the Facetiousness. Very you sweetie !
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:29 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Carianne, I sympathise. I know what you're going through. But what was it you said to me way back in March - "It's only been a week"

Sounds like you're getting plenty of viewings, and an offer already must be a good sign. I reckon it won't be long. good luck

Andy

Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Don't be the fool I was.

I was being pressurised to resign so that we could leave by start of Aug. I won't say who but she's sulking in front of CSI!

OK I said, check with the solicitors that everythings ready to go and I'll do the deed. "Oh yes everything's fine"

Turns out that not only did the first buyer in the 3 person chain not have her mortgage approved but the second didn't even have the land registry search complete.

Now said first buyer refuses to answer the phone to anyone, solitors, agents even the vendor.

Give us a few weeks and we'll be well and truly in it up to our necks. Sod selling the house. We don't get an income and we'll be handing the bugger back!!!!

Cheers
Jobless and soon to be homeless (touch on the negative side??)
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

John and Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrianne
Going through exactly what you are. We have been told ours is a great area, won't take long to sell there. That was over two months ago. We have now been told we have one interested party and one THINKING about it and one who would like to see round the house AGAIN!! Still as we applied for our visa in Sept 01 yes 01 we can almost feel the warm water lapping at our feet just south of the Gold Coast, not long now I feel.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

yes if only I knew then, I know a week is only a short time but we have no more viewings yet for the rest of the week, not a good sign.

I never thought I would look forward to staying with the outlaws
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:57 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I am still waiting to sell BUT DON'T BE DISCOURAGED if there are no viewing for the next 2/3 weeks it is ALWAYS a bad time of year and some agents don't even bother to advertise through August. It should pick up again everywhere when the kids go back to school - and everyone has returned from holidays.

(I hope)
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

We.ve renamed our estate agents from Jonathan and Pat to........................ Mr Cheese and Vanessa Phelps sister ......

Selling is a nightmare anyway even without kids..... just cleaned the wall where the little one has been out in the garden - hands everywhere and the paint looks a different colour to the bit I havent cleaned...... bugger...... looks like a painty painty job for the hubby

Last edited by wolfens_wife; Aug 13th 2003 at 12:07 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry you haven't sold it yet. The consolation is most of us are in the same boat and it should pick up a bit in September. I am trying not to think about it as much now as it does get you down.

Fingers crossed for all of us.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:12 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Chippy it's a hard life, not being in control and love the Facetiousness. Very you sweetie !
So nice of you to say so.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the madhouse Carianne.
I said the same thing to my husband. Thsi is the last house we ever sell.
Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.