Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hurrah a job at last...

Hurrah a job at last...

Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:05 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hurrah a job at last...

Well it had to happen...

I have only gone and got myself a job... there goes those stress free days of lounging on the deck over looking the pool...

After 6 weeks in BrisVegas and only really a couple of weeks of serious looking, I have managed to land a Head of IT role at a group of accountants. Really exciting role, and something to get my teeth into to..

so all those IT people in Brissie who are still looking, dont give up.. not all the IT jobs are in Sydney

Well thats calls for a few jars tonight...

(Just need Chelsea to win the Carling Cup weekend to make it a perfect month..)
Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Hurrah a job at last...

Originally Posted by sloake
Well it had to happen...

I have only gone and got myself a job... there goes those stress free days of lounging on the deck over looking the pool...

After 6 weeks in BrisVegas and only really a couple of weeks of serious looking, I have managed to land a Head of IT role at a group of accountants. Really exciting role, and something to get my teeth into to..

so all those IT people in Brissie who are still looking, dont give up.. not all the IT jobs are in Sydney

Brilliant news well done you - welcome to the exciting world of work in Brisbane
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:17 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sloake

Managed to score myself a job in IT myself yesterday (database admin) so bang go my days of lounging too.

We will have a few celebratory beers at the second Broncos game of the season, sadly I am in Gympie for the first game, I will let you know what tickets we have when I get hold of them.

Where do you fancy a beer or two?????

TT

Well it had to happen...

Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:33 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Well done Sloake

Managed to score myself a job in IT myself yesterday (database admin) so bang go my days of lounging too.

We will have a few celebratory beers at the second Broncos game of the season, sadly I am in Gympie for the first game, I will let you know what tickets we have when I get hold of them.

Where do you fancy a beer or two?????

TT
Hey TT well done.. we will have loads to celebrate

as for beers before the game, not sure of any pubs in that area, have to check it out, but we can arrange that nearer the time

Shane
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Well it had to happen...

Jeez you are lucky - well done - have been onto the agencies all week - also applying for jobs via seek - have to be really pushy I say - as soon as they hear the accent "oh will come back to you" they never do - one agent told me "oh perth is an island etc etc - you need perth experience" - "hey whats that I ask" - one job and 50 applicants - do people "job hop so often?"