Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Huge Electrical Storm

Huge Electrical Storm

Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Huge Electrical Storm

Originally Posted by bcworld View Post
About 10 minutes ago just saw the Emirates flight from Auckland coming in over the Southside with lightning bolts nearly hitting it every few seconds.....bet that was a fun ride! Quite surprised they came in at the height of the storm.
Thank god it wasnt the old uk air operator, DAN AIR ( Dan Dare ) lol
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:36 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20 View Post
Well unless it comes back it was total crap down here Expecting something special, bit of rain, few loud claps, couple of flashes and now it's all gone
Patience MP, one's a-coming

Gotta love storms ... of the non-destructive variety, naturally.

But the supermarkets are rubbish and the t-shirts fade so it's only a matter of time before I book the ticket
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:43 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well unless it comes back it was total crap down here Expecting something special, bit of rain, few loud claps, couple of flashes and now it's all gone
That's coz we're getting right over head right now! Powers gone out in block next door, ours flickered a bit. Rain like I've never seen!

Originally Posted by bcworld View Post
About 10 minutes ago just saw the Emirates flight from Auckland coming in over the Southside with lightning bolts nearly hitting it every few seconds.....bet that was a fun ride! Quite surprised they came in at the height of the storm.
Can see em still taking off from here! Nutters!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:46 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks those pics are amazing!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au View Post
Apparently you have it coming your way, from out west in next hour..

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.shtml
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Patience MP, one's a-coming

Gotta love storms ... of the non-destructive variety, naturally.

But the supermarkets are rubbish and the t-shirts fade so it's only a matter of time before I book the ticket
Well it had better or I'll have words to say to BOM
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:36 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well it had better or I'll have words to say to BOM
This one came further north than you Pen, gave you a break - you know you'll get some in the next week or so, if not later tonight.

Fluffy, if the season is as spectacular as the BoM are threatening, then keep your camera ready as you'll get some amazing storm shots off Redcliffe
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Jeeez this thunder is LOUD!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:18 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stella340 View Post
Jeeez this thunder is LOUD!
WHAT DID YOU SAY?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:29 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

I have been loving these storms!

Its great to live bayside as we get the lovely breezes but hells bells, it nearly blew me off the balcony.

Fantastic
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Wasn't much to write home about here in Wello Point - got this picture thou
Attached Thumbnails Huge Electrical Storm-8octstorm.jpg  
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

mark937 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by doub View Post
Wasn't much to write home about here in Wello Point - got this picture thou
Bloody great here on the sunshine coast! Have to say, the multiple lightening strikes reminded me of War of the World (Tom Cruise one)! Have sat through many a storm in Australia, this one is pretty awesom
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:58 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got any tips for snapping lightning?

My camera takes about 3-4 seconds to capture the bloody shot, by then it's too late!

It has a fully manual option on it as well, I just haven't got a bloody clue how to use it and stick to auto most of the time. Anyone help?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:47 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au View Post
Hot day, then gets very hot and very humid..
Wnid picks up, about 4pm ish.. then very high winds, and you can see lightening from all directions.
It swirls around you, and the cracks of thunder shake your fillings, the storm intensifies, ...
The humidity increases, the lightening strikes get more ferocious..
Then if your very unlucks, HAIL hits you !
This is exactly what happened our way last night. Very muggy, but sitting on the balcony with a stubby watching the lightning was awesome!

Only one very loud crack of thunder, which upset the kids a bit (but the noise was gone before bedtime..phew!), and nice fresh rain & wind.

I'm not looking forward to hail, as we haven't got a carport! Having hail insurance doesn't comfort much....
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I must live in some strange pocket People on the radio talking about the hail and the fab lightning and they are only a couple of km up the road. When the storm came back we had one loud clap and some rain
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I think I must live in some strange pocket People on the radio talking about the hail and the fab lightning and they are only a couple of km up the road. When the storm came back we had one loud clap and some rain

Nothng here either, just a little bit of thunder/rain, nothing at all by summer standards thats more when your roof goes, the glass in the windows is flying around, next doors tree is now upside down in your roof, trees and bits of metal are blowing up the street...... Ahhh summer it aint even started yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.