HSBC Online Bank Account

HSBC Online Bank Account

Old May 19th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Gazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC Online Bank Account

Hey all,

Just an update on the above.

Very straight forward to arrange - emailed HSBC in Sydney (from HSBC website) with a few Q's. Chap replied very quickly and sent me an application form.

Went to my local HSBC branch to get my ID checked (took passport, credit card and bank statement) to meet the 100 point requirement. They took copies and the manager certified them with HSBC stamp & his signature.

Now away to post to Sydney where the account manager will then send me my account details so that I can wire my first deposit using tranzfers.com. Will then get ATM card etc.

If you want the contact I have in Sydney send me a PM.

Cheers,
Gaz
Old May 19th 2004, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

Please let me have details tried phoning London they were helpful but said i do not have enough time
Old May 19th 2004, 6:33 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HSBC Online Bank Account

Hi Gaz ,I also went to HSBC and they were well confused, they done certified copies of our passports only, should they have done certified copies of all our documents, cheers
Old May 19th 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by fogmeister
Hi Gaz ,I also went to HSBC and they were well confused, they done certified copies of our passports only, should they have done certified copies of all our documents, cheers
Hi fog,

I think so. Cert copies were required for all docs making up the 100 points. Passport only gets you 70 points if you're outside Oz.
I would wait to see what HSBC come back with. They might process your application or request more copies - time will tell.

Good luck

Gaz
Old May 20th 2004, 7:12 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Gazza, I'm gonna go back tomorrow and sort it
Old May 21st 2004, 6:10 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did your credit card have to have your full name on it? We were told that it had to have the full name on and the initials wouldn't suffice. All our cards have initals and surname on.

Thanks TOB

Originally posted by Gazza
Hey all,

Very straight forward to arrange - emailed HSBC in Sydney (from HSBC website) with a few Q's. Chap replied very quickly and sent me an application form.

Went to my local HSBC branch to get my ID checked (took passport, credit card and bank statement) to meet the 100 point requirement. They took copies and the manager certified them with HSBC stamp & his signature.

Now away to post to Sydney where the account manager will then send me my account details so that I can wire my first deposit using tranzfers.com. Will then get ATM card etc.

Cheers,
Gaz
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:11 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TOB
Hi,

Did your credit card have to have your full name on it? We were told that it had to have the full name on and the initials wouldn't suffice. All our cards have initals and surname on.

Thanks TOB
TOB,

Passports are worth 70 points.

Driver's licences issued outside of Australia are worth 25 points.

You'll need just 5 more points to reach the 100 threshold. Any ATM card with your full name on it would do the trick

You might not need to show a credit card after all....

Peter
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Jules&Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HSBC Online Account

Hi Gazza,

We are about to send certified joining docs for HSBC account to Sydney, but have just read the posting about sending docs using Royal Mail (from Timber Floor Au).

Did you send yours via private courier ie; DHL?

Cheers

Jules

Old May 24th 2004, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: HSBC Online Account

Originally posted by Jules&Dex
Hi Gazza,

We are about to send certified joining docs for HSBC account to Sydney, but have just read the posting about sending docs using Royal Mail (from Timber Floor Au).

Did you send yours via private courier ie; DHL?

Cheers

Jules

Hi Jules,

No - I just used regular Royal Mail - cost £1.56.
The envelope had nothing valuable in it i.e. passport, so I didn't think a courier was necessary.

If it were to get lost it wouldn't be too much trouble to download form, fill it out again and have them certify more copies.

By all means use a courier if you want peace of mind.

Gaz
Old May 24th 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Gazza
Hey all,

Cheers,
Gaz

Hi, Ive also joined HSBC, when u get your docs certified in your British branch do you have to give them the equivalent of the $2000 there and then. I have all the forms but just getting the money together before i take the docs down ther.
Old May 24th 2004, 12:12 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Apologies, for I must have missed the first part of this thread, but are you saying you have successfully opened an online OZ bank account before you have emigrated?
Old May 24th 2004, 12:22 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Sent PM to you concerning this matter
Hope you can help
Old May 24th 2004, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by midge04
Hi, Ive also joined HSBC, when u get your docs certified in your British branch do you have to give them the equivalent of the $2000 there and then. I have all the forms but just getting the money together before i take the docs down ther.
Hi,

The branch manager in Sydney told me I could wire the money after the account has been opened. No chqs or cash needed.
He will send me a note of the account no. so I can arrange this after my application is processed.

Gaz
Old May 24th 2004, 1:10 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

I am having MAJOR problems trying to get in touch with someone in perth HSBC
all my e-mails are coming back unread !

no help !
Old May 24th 2004, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Jules&Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC Online Account

Gazza,

Thanks for the info. We are slightly concerned that there are copies of our passports/credit card (& signature) details.

Cheers Jules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.