HR Jobs ?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default HR Jobs ?

Hi,

Hoping to be in Brisbane later this year, I'm current an HR Manager and wondered if there are any other HR people here that can advise me.

Will I have any problems gaining simular employment and whats the equivalent of the CIPD over in Aus?

Would appreciate any help.

Beccie
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice
Default Re: HR Jobs ?

Hi Beccie

I'm a HR Manager and have been here for 6 months. Didn't rush to get a job when we first landed as wanted to spend time with family etc. Decided to do some contract work first to boost my confidence with moving in to Australian HR. So took a three month contract as a HR Project Manager which took me up to Christmas then decided to have the next 6 weeks off with the kids and got a phone call back from the same company to ask me back for a further two-three months so that worked out well! Two months takes me to the next school holidays in April so it might work out that I can take this time off with them as well.

I'm in Sydney so can't give you much info on the Brisbane scene but would imagine that it is similar - there are many jobs in the HR arena - both on a permanent and a contract basis. Have a look at www.seek.com.au and www.mycareer.com.au and do a search on HR and you'll see how many there are! There are a number of HR agencies here - some are better than others (same as UK!).

If you want to PM me with more specific questions I'd be more than happy to reply. CIPD = AHRI - check out their website and you'll be able to see the equivalent qualifications.

Tracy
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi,

Hoping to be in Brisbane later this year, I'm current an HR Manager and wondered if there are any other HR people here that can advise me.

Will I have any problems gaining simular employment and whats the equivalent of the CIPD over in Aus?

Would appreciate any help.

Beccie
I'm a former HR Manager - OZ & UK.

A point of note - you may already be aware Employment law, wages & conditions can differ in each state, in addition to Federal employment law. This is a result of that fact that Oz is a federation of states.

There are some really quirky little cash savers. A Sydney-based company might have all of its bank accounts based in another state or territory in order to reduce bank fees.

Payroll tax is payable on redundancy payments made in NSW but not Vic (or vice versa?)

The term "industrial relations" is used a lot.

https://www.open.edu.au/wps/portal/W...%20Law%20Units

It may be that you absolutely no interest in employment law, and depending on the size of the organisation this may be fine, but I just thought that I'd share this

www.ahri.com.au used to be pretty rubbish, but I understand that over the last decade they have got their act together.

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Feb 9th 2008 at 11:48 am.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm a former HR Manager - OZ & UK.

A point of note - you may already be aware Employment law, wages & conditions can differ in each state, in addition to Federal employment law. This is a result of that fact that Oz is a federation of states.

There are some really quirky little cash savers. A Sydney-based company might have all of its bank accounts based in another state or territory in order to reduce bank fees.

Payroll tax is payable on redundancy payments made in NSW but not Vic (or vice versa?)

The term "industrial relations" is used a lot.

https://www.open.edu.au/wps/portal/W...%20Law%20Units

It may be that you absolutely no interest in employment law, and depending on the size of the organisation this may be fine, but I just thought that I'd share this

www.ahri.com.au used to be pretty rubbish, but I understand that over the last decade they have got their act together.

Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks for all the info I'll check the web sites out. Just nervous and hoping we're doing the right thing be hey in for a penny waiting for 175 visa so will be a while yet but hopefully going in Oct/Nov.

Thanks again

Beccie