Reload this Page >

Educational Jobs

Educational Jobs

Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Lou-Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Educational Jobs

Hi all

We have decided that it is time to leave the UK and have decided on Australia/NZ. I have posted asking questions on the NZ forum, but now Australia is in the mix i thought that some of you lovely people would be able to help!!

Our family- me, my husband, 3 children 15, 12 and 9. My husband is a transport planner and i work as an administrator in further education (post 16).

I have just finished a foundation degree in educational admin, but i am also qualified to teach post 16's and have an A1 Assessors award to assess students doing NVQ's. Could anyone tell me how post 16 education works in Australia? Are there FE Colleges? Are there NVQ Assessors (or equivalent)?
Are there many College's/Uni's or private training?

I know there are lots of questions, so i'll apologise in advance!!!

Thanks
Lou
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:27 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Educational Jobs

Look at the TAFE college's. Here's the link for Queensland, but you can search for TAFE and the state you want to find more links.

http://www.tafe.qld.gov.au/

If you want to teach in a TAFE I'm pretty sure you'll need to get a certificate IV in training and assessment. See this thread for more info:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...certificate+IV

I can't comment on any comparisons to the UK since I'm from Canada. But if you read the link I gave you it might help a bit.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Lou-Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Educational Jobs

Thank you, i'll have a look

Lou