Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How's life on the Sunshine coast?

How's life on the Sunshine coast?

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Pomdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How's life on the Sunshine coast?

Hi everyone, we have been living in the western suburbs of Brisbane for nearly two years now and like living but we do miss the coast!As we used to live near the beaches in Bournemouth. We have been thinking about moving to the sunshine coast and would like views from anybody who has chosen that area for thier new lives.

Everyone seems to be talking about Buberim as the place to be and looking at thier website it does sound good.

I used to work as a chef for twenty years but choose to move away from that work due to the split shifts which would of got in the way of us as a family settling here in Australia. I now have a Gardening franchise which has gone well enough. I'm just about to do my real estate qualification as well. What are the main areas of work along the coast?

Anyone working as a chef on the coast? What is the money like? In Brisbane it isn't too good!

Look forward to your views

Pomdownunder
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's life on the Sunshine coast?

Firstly, I am not a chef so am not answering that part of your post...but we are looking to head over to the sunshine coast. I have tons of family which lives in Coolum and Mountain Creek and we spent sometime staying up there when we did our rekkie a couple of years ago.

The sunshine newletter may give you some ideas about what the sunshine coast is like too..

http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/ne...r/news_53.html
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Pomdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

The sunshine newletter may give you some ideas about what the sunshine coast is like too..

http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/ne...r/news_53.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, looks like quite a good link, which area would you choose then ....?

Pomdownunder
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomdownunder

http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/ne...r/news_53.html
Thanks for that, looks like quite a good link, which area would you choose then ....?

Pomdownunder[/QUOTE]

Still not too sure... Mountain Creek school has a good reputation which is something we need to consider for our youngest. Still open minded until we get over. Good luck iwth the decision making. Sunshine coast is beautiful.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:36 am
The Smiths

Glenn Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: How's life on the Sunshine coast?

Originally Posted by Pomdownunder
Hi everyone, we have been living in the western suburbs of Brisbane for nearly two years now and like living but we do miss the coast!As we used to live near the beaches in Bournemouth. We have been thinking about moving to the sunshine coast and would like views from anybody who has chosen that area for thier new lives.

Everyone seems to be talking about Buberim as the place to be and looking at thier website it does sound good.

I used to work as a chef for twenty years but choose to move away from that work due to the split shifts which would of got in the way of us as a family settling here in Australia. I now have a Gardening franchise which has gone well enough. I'm just about to do my real estate qualification as well. What are the main areas of work along the coast?

Anyone working as a chef on the coast? What is the money like? In Brisbane it isn't too good!

Look forward to your views

Pomdownunder
Hi Pom
we moved to oz last July and have been living on the sunshine coast at mountain creek!
we now have moved to Brisbane been here for 4 weeks the move was the lack of jobs on the coast and pay seemed to be a bit less too.
settling in here ok in a temp job and my wife is looking for part time work as a nurse as we have two children girl age 3 and boy 5 months.
sure Buderim is a nice place but no real industry there! not to sure what chef s earn either but again hospitality is seasonal up there too!
really great place to live near the beaches etc but make sure you have a job before the move thats all i can recommend. enjoying being in Bri-Vegas
Glenn
Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

There is also this website for the sunshine coast:

http://www.koalakonnection.com.au/welcome.htm