Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How is your house sale going Part V

View Poll Results: So what stage are you at???
No offers yet
35.00%
Rejected an offer
7.50%
Accepted an offer
23.75%
Reduced price
5.00%
Exchanged
8.75%
Sold and on our way!!
15.00%
Can't sell but we're going anyway!!
5.00%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar??
0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part V

Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:14 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part V

Originally Posted by yamahaha
big nose
Better keep listening... might be a bit about "blessed are the big noses"
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:23 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

ours is the same, houses around our part were sold within two weeks this time last year - whats happening lol!!!!! just our bloody luck thats all i can say
good luck
vb2

Originally Posted by Sarrob
Unfortunately, we are in the same boat. House went on market early November, we had two viewers, no offers !

No - we haven't overpriced it - our estate agents are good (18 months ago they sold two houses for us and were also selling this one ) what baffles me is that at that time houses around here were selling like hot cakes !

Where the hell have all the people gone that wanted to buy round here ?

They tell us that the market will pick up at end of Jan - we have visas now and want to get moving to Oz - but can't til we've sold this !!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

just reduced ours again. market is on its arse
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:38 am
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sarrob
Unfortunately, we are in the same boat. House went on market early November, we had two viewers, no offers !

No - we haven't overpriced it - our estate agents are good (18 months ago they sold two houses for us and were also selling this one ) what baffles me is that at that time houses around here were selling like hot cakes !

Where the hell have all the people gone that wanted to buy round here ?

They tell us that the market will pick up at end of Jan - we have visas now and want to get moving to Oz - but can't til we've sold this !!
The fact that an agent sold 2 houses for you 18 months ago does not mean they can sell your current house, 18 months ago the housing market was booming and you could sell anything, now prices have been flat for the last year people are not in a hurry to buy anymore and will spend more time looking for a good deal and the perfect place, the market is full of houses that have been for sale for years and with more and more coming on every day (lots will come on in the next 2 months which will flood the market more), you will have to price thehouse below your competion to even get an offer and that offer will most likely by 10% or more below asking.

highboy
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by highboy
The fact that an agent sold 2 houses for you 18 months ago does not mean they can sell your current house, 18 months ago the housing market was booming and you could sell anything, now prices have been flat for the last year people are not in a hurry to buy anymore and will spend more time looking for a good deal and the perfect place, the market is full of houses that have been for sale for years and with more and more coming on every day (lots will come on in the next 2 months which will flood the market more), you will have to price thehouse below your competion to even get an offer and that offer will most likely by 10% or more below asking.

highboy

well.... err..... thanks for that. any more good news ?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:46 am
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
well.... err..... thanks for that. any more good news ?
I could make up some good news if you like ... but that won't help anybody.
If I was in your position I would be marketing my house at a sellable price so I could get on with my new life in AUS, I assume it is costing you mortgage interest payments to hang onto your house in the UK?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:47 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

highboy
Ours been up for sale since September and we've now reduced it £20,000 and willing to drop more...............
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SalSa
Ours been up for sale since September and we've now reduced it £20,000 and willing to drop more...............
If you don't mind me asking Salsa, is 20k a big percentage of the property price or not. Hope all goes well with the sale
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:53 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

House went on the market on Wednesday..got a viewing this evening and tomorrow afternoon...fingers and toes crossed...please...
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:26 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ransi
House went on the market on Wednesday..got a viewing this evening and tomorrow afternoon...fingers and toes crossed...please...
Very best of luck
Old Jan 6th 2006, 2:34 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't mind me asking Salsa, is 20k a big percentage of the property price or not. Hope all goes well with the sale
we've done a barn conversion and it was difficult to value and we think the agent was being generous valuing it at £245,000
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:46 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Just handed our notice in with agent and have another agent llined up as soon as notice is served but it will also be at a £7000 price drop.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Just handed our notice in with agent and have another agent llined up as soon as notice is served but it will also be at a £7000 price drop.

i think you have done the right thing mate. good luck
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:50 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for everyone
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:03 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

wahey - had an offer this morning!!!!
this chap came to view on saturday - loved the house and offered this morning, less than what we wanted but what the hell, means we can move sooner!!

regards

vb2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.