Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how to update will?

how to update will?

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default how to update will?

Just wondering what everyone else whos moved has done to their Will in the respect of what happens to your kids if both parents died.

We currently have an arrangement with Sister in law that if the worst did happen then she would take them in but If we are living in OZ i'm not sure the kids will appreciate moving countries although I suppose its the only option.

Anyone done anything similar?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how to update will?

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Just wondering what everyone else whos moved has done to their Will in the respect of what happens to your kids if both parents died.

We currently have an arrangement with Sister in law that if the worst did happen then she would take them in but If we are living in OZ i'm not sure the kids will appreciate moving countries although I suppose its the only option.

No we decided to wait til we got here to do one those will packs, not got round to it yet but think if worst happen there are than enough people that love our 2 1/2 year old that she would be fine which ever country she ended up in
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Would Sister-in-law be willing to move to Australia? In that kind of circumstances it could possibly be arranged even if she did not meet normal migration requirements (through ministerial intervention), especially if children were Australian citizens.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:01 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

We have two set of god parents and when we make changes to our wills (we do this every so often) an update is sent to both our NZ and UK solicitors.
You will no doubt find some close friends and when the time is right you will know if you want to change your arrangements. You could always stipulate in your will your intentions for your children.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
Would Sister-in-law be willing to move to Australia? In that kind of circumstances it could possibly be arranged even if she did not meet normal migration requirements (through ministerial intervention), especially if children were Australian citizens.
Thats a good point, I never realised that was possible, will double check on that,

Thanks
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

It's important to set up power of attorney for each other as well in Australia. If something happens to one of you (more likely than both) then it makes a huge difference.