Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Latest Info On Time For Visa!!!!!

Latest Info On Time For Visa!!!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Default Latest Info On Time For Visa!!!!!

My agent has just e mailed me to say she is expecting to hear from DIMIA between end of may to end of june reguarding our visa.They rec it end of Jan so this will be 4/5 months.we should be granted our visas then as we frontloaded so if you havent frontloaded you should hear req for meds by then.I should think this is the same for most on a 136MODL.jUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS ON AS I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future
Default Re: Latest Info On Time For Visa!!!!!

Originally Posted by upthehammers
My agent has just e mailed me to say she is expecting to hear from DIMIA between end of may to end of june reguarding our visa.They rec it end of Jan so this will be 4/5 months.we should be granted our visas then as we frontloaded so if you havent frontloaded you should hear req for meds by then.I should think this is the same for most on a 136MODL.jUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS ON AS I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya,
we put ours in mid December so hoping to hear april/may time.
i see u have accepted offer on your house what if you don't get ur visa?
this is something we have worried about so have just put house on market this week in the hope that we get a buyer at the same time as our visa.

what skill visa have you gone for hubby is a plumber

cheers anita
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:12 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Thats great news. I am really finding the waiting hard at the mo. Its been since I have had the meds done as there is nothing left to do but wait now. Really peed off but if your agent is right it wont be that long YIPEE
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=devonfolk]hiya,
we put ours in mid December so hoping to hear april/may time.
i see u have accepted offer on your house what if you don't get ur visa?
this is something we have worried about so have just put house on market this week in the hope that we get a buyer at the same time as our visa.

what skill visa have you gone for hubby is a plumber

cheers anita[/QUOTE :scared: Hi anita,
Our house sale will be completed in next couple of weeks then we are renting it back.If anything happened and we did not get it we are not staying in london anyway and can rent our house back as long as needed so its not a problem to us.I like living dangerously!!!!!!!!!! Our agent also has a 100% sucess rate so we are counting on him.My husband is an electrician and corgi reg gas.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Thats great news. I am really finding the waiting hard at the mo. Its been since I have had the meds done as there is nothing left to do but wait now. Really peed off but if your agent is right it wont be that long YIPEE
I think this is worse bit so far.We like you are just sitting waiting.At the moment i feel like my body is in uk but my mind is in oz as now just thinking and making lists on what to do on arrival.I just want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is going to be even harder when house sale has gone through as then there is nothing stopping us except the BIG ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

devonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant futuredevonfolk has a brilliant future

I think this is worse bit so far.We like you are just sitting waiting.At the moment i feel like my body is in uk but my mind is in oz as now just thinking and making lists on what to do on arrival.I just want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is going to be even harder when house sale has gone through as then there is nothing stopping us except the BIG ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know exactly how you feel!
i just want to get going and start our new adventure
our agent also has a 100% success rate maybe we have the same one (john nye)!!

with regards the house you got urselves a good deal there!!

Anita
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

we didnt even know what frontloading was until we went on this site. ours was sent off the beg of feb but still waiting for a case no. all our fees and agent fees have been paid. we have already sold our house in oct so we are just waiting which is a nightmare. is 136 modl skilled indepenant?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe you should give the DIMIA a ring about your case number as we got ours in around 2 weeks.You give them your name and address and they give it to you over the phone so at least then you can frontload meds if you want to.You should ring them about 11pm. I am not sure of the number but if you look on previous threads there is the number somewhere, i will keep looking so keep an eye on this thread.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe you should give the DIMIA a ring about your case number as we got ours in around 2 weeks.You give them your name and address and they give it to you over the phone so at least then you can frontload meds if you want to.You should ring them about 11pm. I am not sure of the number but if you look on previous threads there is the number somewhere, i will keep looking so keep an eye on this thread.
NUMBER I COULD FIND WAS +0611300364613 HOPE THIS IS CORRECT
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by devonfolk
i know exactly how you feel!
i just want to get going and start our new adventure
our agent also has a 100% success rate maybe we have the same one (john nye)!!

with regards the house you got urselves a good deal there!!

Anita
we are with concept australia.yes we have been really lucky with house sale
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

It seems having a job on the MODL list isn't everything! I have read at least half a dozen post's on Oz timeline that have people on the MODL and still waiting for a CO even after 5/6 months..there doesnt seem to be no set routine for Visa allocations of whatever type,so it really is being in the right place at the right time.Front loading,my agent says' doesnt mean nothing and whatever plans we sort or think of sorting before the big push ie house sales,accommodation set up,bank accounts etc is all wishful thinking
..moral of the story...Dont count your chickens..if you were meant to go,then you will go...always have a plan B..just in case plan A hits the fan
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 7:36 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
It seems having a job on the MODL list isn't everything! I have read at least half a dozen post's on Oz timeline that have people on the MODL and still waiting for a CO even after 5/6 months..there doesnt seem to be no set routine for Visa allocations of whatever type,so it really is being in the right place at the right time.Front loading,my agent says' doesnt mean nothing and whatever plans we sort or think of sorting before the big push ie house sales,accommodation set up,bank accounts etc is all wishful thinking
..moral of the story...Dont count your chickens..if you were meant to go,then you will go...always have a plan B..just in case plan A hits the fan
SBUK you have your feet firmly on the ground and in my opinion albeit a very uneducated one I think you ave the right idea...
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

can i ask you if this is what your agent told you why have you frontloaded and sold your house already?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

can i ask you if this is what your agent told you why have you frontloaded and sold your house already?
..Of course you can me West Ham mucker ...because like you as soon as Im informed of my Visa,if its good ..we are off! BUT like I said you can't get carried away and think its all gonna fall on your lap! We have got the idea in our heads now that even if we dont make Oz,we are sooo made up on movin' then plan B kick's in and we'll still move.. ie Cyprus/Spain?? so thats why everything is ready to go in terms of house sale and meds done etc.We seem to be on nearly the same timelines so we'll keep in touch eh?? Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

..Of course you can me West Ham mucker ...because like you as soon as Im informed of my Visa,if its good ..we are off! BUT like I said you can't get carried away and think its all gonna fall on your lap! We have got the idea in our heads now that even if we dont make Oz,we are sooo made up on movin' then plan B kick's in and we'll still move.. ie Cyprus/Spain?? so thats why everything is ready to go in terms of house sale and meds done etc.We seem to be on nearly the same timelines so we'll keep in touch eh?? Good luck
so you are up to the same as us.If this fails you have a plan b.My agent is always so positive but after reading your first reply i thought you new something i did not.You see our agent said MODL are priority and also if you have frontloaded at the time you get your visa that would have been when they were req, so it makes a couple of weeks difference.Have you been told different?keep in touch you can always pm me