Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How strange is this!!!!

How strange is this!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default How strange is this!!!!

Was thinking the other day that on the whole of the Gold Coast there is only one restaurant that you would call truly on the beach.

I am not counting any of the rsl clubs as they do not really count as restaurants but you would think that of all of that beautiful beach you would have loads of restaurants or even bar that overlooks the rolling ocean like you get in Spain or Greece for example.

The one restaurant that overlooks the beach is Oscar's and think it is at Burleigh but may be wrong on the exact location.This is an excellent restaurant by the way and would probably be the best place to eat in the day on the whole Goldie.

Can anyone else think of another because I can't. And by the way I do not count marina mirage or any of the marinas because it is not the open sea.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:30 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How strange is this!!!!

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Was thinking the other day that on the whole of the Gold Coast there is only one restaurant that you would call truly on the beach.

I am not counting any of the rsl clubs as they do not really count as restaurants but you would think that of all of that beautiful beach you would have loads of restaurants or even bar that overlooks the rolling ocean like you get in Spain or Greece for example.

The one restaurant that overlooks the beach is Oscar's and think it is at Burleigh but may be wrong on the exact location.This is an excellent restaurant by the way and would probably be the best place to eat in the day on the whole Goldie.

Can anyone else think of another because I can't. And by the way I do not count marina mirage or any of the marinas because it is not the open sea.
There's at least one at Currumbin. Does that count as Gold Coast? Can't remember the name of it but it catered for vegetarians and the food was very nice.

Jane
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
There's at least one at Currumbin. Does that count as Gold Coast? Can't remember the name of it but it catered for vegetarians and the food was very nice.

Jane
Yeah, Currumbin just about scrapes into the Gold Coast . but not too far from being in N.S.W really, so technically they are foreigners and should be treated with caution or arsenic, which ever is easier and at hand at the time. Question, does anyone actually live in Currumbin because I only thought there was a zoo there. mind you a very good zoo.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 9:13 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Question, does anyone actually live in Currumbin because I only thought there was a zoo there. mind you a very good zoo.
Lots of bees live there, in Honey World, opposite the wildlife sanctuary.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Currumbin just about scrapes into the Gold Coast . but not too far from being in N.S.W really, Question, does anyone actually live in Currumbin because I only thought there was a zoo there. mind you a very good zoo.
Showing your ignorance now I'm afraid. Currumbin is definitely Gold Coast. Gold Coast Airport is at Tugun, they consider themselves Gold Coast too, oh and Coolangatta comes under GCCC as well .

Currumbin is one of the prettiest and lovliest areas on the coast in my opinion All depends on what you want I guess. If you want McMansions on sandfly and mossie infested waterways, you would live top end. If you want stunning countryside bang on top of stunning beaches no where else to go but other end

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 17th 2009 at 8:57 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

As if I would not know where Bin is ! it is my job to know every inch of the coast. I did not think anyone was slating the south off on this post so why did you have a dig at the North I happen to agree with you that the south is very nice with lovely countryside and you are correct in saying the North has big waterfront houses, Question: have all the southern big houses on water disappeared. :scared: because if they have I need to know.

Also has the south got rid of mozzies and stuff in the southern waterways because again we all need to know.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Currumbin just about scrapes into the Gold Coast . but not too far from being in N.S.W really, so technically they are foreigners and should be treated with caution or arsenic, which ever is easier and at hand at the time. Question, does anyone actually live in Currumbin because I only thought there was a zoo there. mind you a very good zoo.
You obviously forgot you wrote this. I actually find that quite rude, you used winking smilies, so did I. I may be over sensitive but no number of sticky out tongues or big smiles makes that highlighted statement any more amusing

Going to bed. Night
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You obviously forgot you wrote this. I actually find that quite rude, you used winking smilies, so did I. I may be over sensitive but no number of sticky out tongues or big smiles makes that highlighted statement any more amusing

Going to bed. Night

Night night sweetie.

I wanted to use a smiley but not sure whether to use them now as the smiley's are being scrutinized for their use and validation!!!

Chill out babe, I was having light banter with another poster.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 12:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

You're both mistaken, the whole of the gold coast is like one big retirement estate, in fact the only place I'd consider living is Coolangatta.

As you were.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:48 am
Debs M

dhw210770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How strange is this!!!!

Fraser,

Thank God you don't live in Coolangatta, as it is a much better place without you. I'm sure you would be better suited in Sanctuary Cove, living with Gold Coaster. But then again, Point Cook in Victoria is more your style. Or even better, didn't you mention that you wanted to live in Cambodia, or was it Springvale in Melbourne outskirts?
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:56 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dhw210770
Fraser,

Thank God you don't live in Coolangatta, as it is a much better place without you. I'm sure you would be better suited in Sanctuary Cove, living with Gold Coaster. But then again, Point Cook in Victoria is more your style. Or even better, didn't you mention that you wanted to live in Cambodia, or was it Springvale in Melbourne outskirts?
Nothing wrong with springvale

Oh I think you'll find that was Vietnam, you missed the link.

Last edited by fraser; Apr 23rd 2006 at 8:02 am.