Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Clearing Certificates

Police Clearing Certificates

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default Police Clearing Certificates

I have just received acknowledgement that my application has been received. As I Live in London do I need to get the police forms for the national computer or just the metropolitan one? And is it worth doing so before they are requested?
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Clearing Certificates

Originally Posted by aarancam
I have just received acknowledgement that my application has been received. As I Live in London do I need to get the police forms for the national computer or just the metropolitan one? And is it worth doing so before they are requested?
You make the application for the county you are living in. They confirm receipt and pass it to Scotland Yard who then search nationally. They then send it directly back to you.

It depends on how brave you are. If you do it too soon and your visa takes a while to come through you may not have long to validate (or move out). You generally have a year from your meds or PCC whichever is earlier. Do it too soon and you may run out of time to validate the visa and therefore lose it They have to get the result back to you within 40 days.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default Re: Police Clearing Certificates

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You make the application for the county you are living in. They confirm receipt and pass it to Scotland Yard who then search nationally. They then send it directly back to you.

It depends on how brave you are. If you do it too soon and your visa takes a while to come through you may not have long to validate (or move out). You generally have a year from your meds or PCC whichever is earlier. Do it too soon and you may run out of time to validate the visa and therefore lose it They have to get the result back to you within 40 days.

Thanks for the advice. Reckon I'll wait 'till I'm asked.