Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How the rich live in Oz

How the rich live in Oz

Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:41 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default How the rich live in Oz

Someone posted on here the other day asking a question about socio-economic distribution of Perth's working population by suburb. It got me thinking and I have to admit that in the past (before I discovered BE) I really thought I could sell my house in the UK and live like royalty in Oz on the proceeds, slight exaggeration but you get the picture. Five years later I am a lot wiser and more realistic, those in Oz will know what I mean as will those that have been around for a while or done their research. However, if you are just starting out or simply curious check out 'Location Location's Amazing Homes' on Sky channel 250 at 11.30 today (repeated throughout the day). It's a real eye opener. Yesterday's show featured the Perth (Mosman Park) home of millionairess Rose Porteous. Talk about over indulgence one chandellier alone in this vast mansion cost $750,000 :scared: -how the other half live.

ACE

Last edited by ACE; Nov 14th 2004 at 9:43 am.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:45 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hw the rich live in Oz

Originally Posted by ACE
Someone posted on here the other day asking a question about socio-economic distribution of Perth's working population by suburb. It got me thinking and I have to admit that in the past (before I discovered BE) I really thought I could sell my house in the UK and live like royalty in Oz on the proceeds, slight exaggeration but you get the picture. Five years later I am a lot wiser and more realistic, those in Oz will know what I mean as will those that have been around for a while or done their research. However, if you are just starting out or simply curious check out 'Location Location's Amazing Homes' on Sky channel 250 at 11.30 today (repeated throughout the day). It's a real eye opener. Yesterday's show featured the Perth (Mosman Park) home of millionairess Rose Porteous. Talk about over indulgence one chandellier alone in this vast mansion cost $750,000 :scared: -how the other half live.

ACE
On the housing theme, the thing i have noticed most about Aussie homes is that they all seem to cluttered, every space has an ornament or a picture!! that would do my nut in!!