Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

nevergymless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Hey guys, I'm a Canadian , living in Vancouver right now ( 21 years old). And I want to move to Australia but i want to stay longer then the 1 year holiday visa. I was wondering , once im down there , would i be able to take a Apprenticeship
in carpentry ? And get some type of visa to allow me to stay longer ?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

In need of a good british hairdresser when we get to Perth Let me know when you set up pleeeezzze

Nic xxxx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Sos that was for moonlight Had a couple of baileys
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:59 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nevergymless
Hey guys, I'm a Canadian , living in Vancouver right now ( 21 years old). And I want to move to Australia but i want to stay longer then the 1 year holiday visa. I was wondering , once im down there , would i be able to take a Apprenticeship
in carpentry ? And get some type of visa to allow me to stay longer ?
Try posting in the immigration section. You'll probably get a lot more help there.

You should start looking at the immigration website:
http://www.immi.gov.au/

You'll get a better idea what kind of visa's you might be eligible for. You may or may not be eligible for a visa. It depends on what kind of education and work experience you have and also whether your occupation is needed in Australia.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:38 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi all and a Happy New Year to you all in a few hours over in Oz and tomorrow over here.

Reading on here some people are going over later than 45 years of age - i am now 40 and have been panicking that we have to get everything done and sorted by the time we are 43ish at the latest to be able to go over there - is this not the case or are people allowed over later under special circumstances - sorry if its a stupid question but i seem to have done loads of research (or so i thought) and everything points as 45 being the cut off age so hubby is now ribbing me saying im not looking in the right places for information - cheeky man .

Thanks again
Love Sam xxx
Hi as long as you get your visa application in before you are 45 you are ok, then you have 5 yrs to make the move, we had had our visas 18 months before we came out so OH was over 45 when we arrived
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

its 4 am appy new year to all ad cuple of rums dont know how old i am 49 i think but if you putin the hard yards u can succeed in your goal

Malc

im goin b4 i fall off mi stool

SUFC & Perth glory
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

First visited on my own at 20, then came on a backpacker visa at 21, then defacto spouse at 21 through to 23, then permanent from 23-25.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
From the research that i've done it seems you have to be in Oz to get a job, to work as a hairdresser i need to get my licence 1st.. but as i said i'll take anything until something better comes along. As far as surviving...well i've sold my Salon here in the UK, we're renting out the house, so probably got enough to rent and furnish up a home in Oz and buy a cheap car but i don't know til i get there the true cost and how long we can afford to be out of work.
Australia need skilled people and we're skilled!!
What about you?
A few weeks ago I went to my usual hairdresser, the lady I usually used had left to have her baby. I made an appointment with a young lady who was new. When I went to have my hair done the next day, I found she was from England..and had only been here for five weeks!
I have to say its the best haircut and blow dry I had in all my years in Australia
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
its 4 am appy new year to all ad cuple of rums dont know how old i am 49 i think but if you putin the hard yards u can succeed in your goal

Malc

im goin b4 i fall off mi stool

SUFC & Perth glory
OMG hes been on here again in a drunken stupor! Ill let him off cos hes had man flu Hes still asleep Anyhow no matter what your age all of you, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
A few weeks ago I went to my usual hairdresser, the lady I usually used had left to have her baby. I made an appointment with a young lady who was new. When I went to have my hair done the next day, I found she was from England..and had only been here for five weeks!
I have to say its the best haircut and blow dry I had in all my years in Australia
I've been hairdressing 26 years so my only worry is that they may want younger stylist! I'm looking at maybe doing Nails which i've been doing for a couple of years now alongside my hairdressing business, trouble is i'm a bit slow!!! I think that if my husband get's a good paid job maybe i could go to college and get my teaching certificate for hairdressing.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:34 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
OMG hes been on here again in a drunken stupor! Ill let him off cos hes had man flu Hes still asleep Anyhow no matter what your age all of you, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Bless him - happy new year to you both x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
I've been hairdressing 26 years so my only worry is that they may want younger stylist! I'm looking at maybe doing Nails which i've been doing for a couple of years now alongside my hairdressing business, trouble is i'm a bit slow!!! I think that if my husband get's a good paid job maybe i could go to college and get my teaching certificate for hairdressing.
I dont care how young you are you have my custom in Perth Anyhow experience counts for a lot. I should know im a mature experienced person myself

Good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:25 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
Hi
how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs? Will be easily for you find job when u are getting older and older?

Hi,
I was 42 when we moved over and my hubby was 40. Neither of us had jobs or anywhere to live. When we arrived I took 1 year off and hubby took 6 months off. Within a month of looking we both landed great jobs, hubby got the first job he applied for (oil refinery Optimisation Technician ) and I got the second job I applied for (private high school Maths/IT Teacher). 15 months on we are renting a great house in a fantastic location, have bought a super block of land, starting our house build in a month or so, have loads of friends, a great social life, our boys are thriving and we are loving it.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Wade Wrench is an unknown quantity at this point

Post deleted

Last edited by Kapri; Jan 3rd 2008 at 12:30 pm. Reason: Insulting
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
i would say that getting a job prior to arriving would be almost impossible
i mean would you offer a position to someone on the other side of the world who you hadnt met ??

you can use sites like seek.com.au to check out vacancies for a paticular job in a paticular area but after that i`d leave it till you arrive

regards steve
( electrician applied for two jobs on arrival and was offered both so the works there )
I am a geologist (about to qualify), and i have been offered a job, who are sponcering my application. Several of my fellow students have also been offered jobs.
I am 38 and my partner will be 38 in a couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.