Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future
Default how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Hi
how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs? Will be easily for you find job when u are getting older and older?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future
Default Re: how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs

Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
Hi
how old are u when u moving Australia, with/without jobs? Will be easily for you find job when u are getting older and older?
Hi
We are both 43, we havn't got job's to go to, but there seems to be a few so hopefully somebody will want us!!! I'm a hairdresser/nail tec and my husband is a car sprayer. We'll do anything though initially, got to live!! What about you?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi!

I'm 25, office gal and hub is 28 and is a electrician (hence my user name )

We are going out to NO jobs and no definite abode, but we have no dependants at present so am looking at this as a HUGE adventure

I think it's the trade they are after...I wouldn't think age matters.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife View Post
Hi!

I'm 25, office gal and hub is 28 and is a electrician (hence my user name )

We are going out to NO jobs and no definite abode, but we have no dependants at present so am looking at this as a HUGE adventure

I think it's the trade they are after...I wouldn't think age matters.
i would say that getting a job prior to arriving would be almost impossible
i mean would you offer a position to someone on the other side of the world who you hadnt met ??

you can use sites like seek.com.au to check out vacancies for a paticular job in a paticular area but after that i`d leave it till you arrive

regards steve
( electrician applied for two jobs on arrival and was offered both so the works there )
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Herusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the roughHerusix is a jewel in the rough

I'm 35 and Wifey is 33,she has a job as a Theatre Nurse,I'll be dole scum until we get straight.
Also taking our daughter who is 7.
Looking to start my own business as a SMART Repairer once I suss out how the land lies in OZ.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:44 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

We're 28 and 27,

want a total change from our present occupation, we're hoping to buy a caravan\tourist park, been looking at ones for sale for ages now....contacted some solicitors and as non citizen first time buyers I think we'll be ok...

Daunting?...very
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

i believe in perth getting a job here is not a big issue, quite easy to get a temp job if you want to. A lot of teens actually work to make extra pocket money, and its not very difficult to do that.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT View Post
Hi
We are both 43, we havn't got job's to go to, but there seems to be a few so hopefully somebody will want us!!! I'm a hairdresser/nail tec and my husband is a car sprayer. We'll do anything though initially, got to live!! What about you?
Then how you survive without securing a job? how long u out of job?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

the rhinos will become famous soon enoughthe rhinos will become famous soon enough

hi im 38 wifes 39 im a joiner wife underwrites mortgages two boys5 and 9heading to redcliffe
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:36 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
Then how you survive without securing a job? how long u out of job?

It really depends what you do for a living. If it's something that needs licencing then it can be a few months, if you do something like office work then you could be working within weeks.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im 40 and OH is 45, we are prepared to work anywhere to get a job, although Mr PP is a chef and is happy to work his way up again if he has to.

As for me, god knows where I will work. I know what I would love to do but like most things in life, you cant always get what you want and I will take any job.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:56 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
Im 40 and OH is 45, we are prepared to work anywhere to get a job, although Mr PP is a chef and is happy to work his way up again if he has to.

As for me, god knows where I will work. I know what I would love to do but like most things in life, you cant always get what you want and I will take any job.
I came over when I was 40, willing to take whatever came along, and it only took 3 weeks. Took longer to find a job I actually wanted to do, but at least even if the first job is awful it gives you some cash, and gets an Aussie emoployer on your resume.
Very hard to get one before you come unless you are being sponsored, so your best plan is to apply for absolutely everything you can do, no matter how menial, just to give you a start.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
I came over when I was 40, willing to take whatever came along, and it only took 3 weeks. Took longer to find a job I actually wanted to do, but at least even if the first job is awful it gives you some cash, and gets an Aussie emoployer on your resume.
Very hard to get one before you come unless you are being sponsored, so your best plan is to apply for absolutely everything you can do, no matter how menial, just to give you a start.
There is a veterinary journal that I have written for in the past and I also have an article pending (due out Jan I think), that have said they will take articles from me. It wont pay much but it will at least be in UK pounds and something.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Dec 29th 2007 at 10:04 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
i would say that getting a job prior to arriving would be almost impossible
i mean would you offer a position to someone on the other side of the world who you hadnt met ??

you can use sites like seek.com.au to check out vacancies for a paticular job in a paticular area but after that i`d leave it till you arrive

regards steve
( electrician applied for two jobs on arrival and was offered both so the works there )
Cheers Steve (watch it now...I'll be calling you Sparky Steve)

Yeah, didn't think it would be very likely to be offered one on the other side of the world, esp with licences. But in a way I guess it works for us because we aren't sure where we are going to end up anyway so will just have to play it by ear!

Thank you for those site address and can I be nosy and ask where you are in Aus?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:22 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

OH was nearly 46 walked straight into work, surely it depends on your skills? cut of age for a skilled visa is 45.
I presume from your text speak that you are not that old?? of course I may presume wrong.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.