Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much and how long

how much and how long

Old May 6th 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Exclamation how much and how long

could anyone advise me how much for us to get our visa to emigrate to australia from the uk?
under 136 visa.
also how long am i expected to wait from start to finish?
we, me, husband 2 children have decided its what we want and all i want to do is get there, but i keep reading it takes a year, is that true?
Old May 6th 2006, 4:33 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of
Default Re: how much and how long

Originally Posted by hindon
could anyone advise me how much for us to get our visa to emigrate to australia from the uk?
under 136 visa.
we, me, husband 2 children have decided its what we want and all i want to do is get there, but i keep reading it takes a year, is that true?
We're going for same Visa. Had initial consultation with our migrtion agent on 30th March 2005 and we (fingers crossed) are expecting our visa's to be granted in the next 2-6 weeks. The hardest part is getting all of the works statements and training statement together. It's worth the wait!! Good luck!!
Old May 6th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by crystal113
We're going for same Visa. Had initial consultation with our migrtion agent on 30th March 2005 and we (fingers crossed) are expecting our visa's to be granted in the next 2-6 weeks. The hardest part is getting all of the works statements and training statement together. It's worth the wait!! Good luck!!
how long from start to finish have you been told?
Old May 6th 2006, 4:41 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

As I said we started on 30th March 2005 so it will be about 14 months for us start to finish - it all depends on how quickly you can get all of your documentation together. Just totted up the costs we have incurred and the totals are £2085.00 and $2435.00. These were spread out over the application so it doesn't seem that bad at the time. Bit scarey when you see it like this though!!
Old May 6th 2006, 4:41 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

it depends on whther your occupation is on the MODl list. ours wasnt, we were told 12-18 months. its looking slightly longer than that, although it might have been quicker if we had everything ready to go once the TRA came back (the trade assessment). there was a 3 month delay there. my sister has just got her visa, that took 8 months from start to finish, occupation on the MODL list. the main visa application only took 5 months, although some peoples on here has taken 3 months. its all down to luck, which CO you get, your occupation, what visa type and how organised your application for the skills and then your main application is.

sorry cost? our agent cost about £1100, payable in 3 lots. the trade and main application cost about £1000, then the admin stuff, like certifying documents, the cost of the medicals, the cost of the police checks etc.

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; May 6th 2006 at 4:44 pm.
Old May 6th 2006, 8:50 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

under 136 visa.
Join the club - alot of folks here just want to get there (and we who have arrived send our best wishes that you and they can get here ASAP).

Apart from the Visa most people are delayed by selling of houses, but the organising of flights, accomodation etc takes the same amount of time as planning a normal holiday. You are best though to spend alot of time doing research on what State/Coast/City you want to head for.

Your OH is a Car sprayer so should be in demand in most major cities. (I know my wife's car will need your assistance if we have any more incidents)

time is also a piece of string - for our circumstances we were advised by the agent that the processing time for my wifes application would be anything up to 6 months. We put it in the first week of December 05 and had it in my wifes passport a week before christmas.

People who have gone through the same 136 as you suggest should be able to give you some timetable examples.

Kiwi