Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much for half a container?

How much for half a container?

Old May 19th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Question How much for half a container?

Hey

Hope someone may be able to give some advice. Just trying to get an idea of possible future costs.

On average how much does half a shipping container cost from the uk to oz?

What types of large items can you fit in this space eg sofa?

Any advice would be great
Old May 19th 2007, 3:21 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much for half a container?

Around 1800-2000 at a guess. You pay more than half the full container cost, and have the hassle of sharing. We end up with 3/4 but decided to go full so that we wouldn't have any last minute panicing on the lawn if we over did it.

I guess half is about 8x8x10 ft
Old May 19th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

lfc4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by datamile
Around 1800-2000 at a guess. You pay more than half the full container cost, and have the hassle of sharing. We end up with 3/4 but decided to go full so that we wouldn't have any last minute panicing on the lawn if we over did it.

I guess half is about 8x8x10 ft
I just had a price off cardinalmaritime of approx £1450 self pack for a FULL container from door to brisbane . There will be port charges other side I think , customs etc.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:20 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

£1200
Old May 19th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

we have just been quoted £2400 fby Migrate for half a 20ft container from manchester to brisbane in september I think it was door to door we pack and unpack in boxes. That was our 1st quote so have nothing to compare it with yet
Old May 19th 2007, 6:37 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
we have just been quoted £2400 fby Migrate for half a 20ft container from manchester to brisbane in september I think it was door to door we pack and unpack in boxes. That was our 1st quote so have nothing to compare it with yet
that seems very expensive..
Old May 19th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
£1200
If you don't mind me asking, what company was this with? Is it for self-packing also?

Nic
Old May 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nic938
If you don't mind me asking, what company was this with? Is it for self-packing also?

Nic
of course i dont mind,,

were using atlantis..if you look in the search,thingy...their contact detail will be in there..if not ill dig em out four you
Old May 19th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
of course i dont mind,,

were using atlantis..if you look in the search,thingy...their contact detail will be in there..if not ill dig em out four you
Thanks for that. I will look it up and if I have no joy will get back to you.

Nic