Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much deposit did you pay shippers?

How much deposit did you pay shippers?

Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Default How much deposit did you pay shippers?

Bit confused and thought I'd find out what others had experienced.

My friend has just had their belongings shipped by PSS who asked for no deposit on a full container, they have to pay within 7 days. When I spoke to them they wanted £250 up front on 300 cu ft.

Wondered what others had been asked for by various companies and whether this has been consistent before I ring PSS and start jumping up and down!

Thanks all

Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:18 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much deposit did you pay shippers?

Originally Posted by Seabird

My friend has just had their belongings shipped by PSS who asked for no deposit on a full container, they have to pay within 7 days. When I spoke to them they wanted £250 up front on 300 cu ft.

Wondered what others had been asked for by various companies and whether this has been consistent before I ring PSS and start jumping up and down!

Thanks all

Ask fraser about Pss :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Ask fraser about Pss :scared:
Fraser?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:25 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Fraser?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332891
Nuff said
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Ouch!

Luckily I don't have a settee to take. Really trying to find out how much deposit I'm meant to be paying..... Will ring round, but looking to ship in 3 weeks, so want to book in a couple of days, but waiting for money to reach bank from house....

Cheers all
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:32 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

Actually I found PSS good myself. There are tales of any shipper on BE if you search good and bad. We paid a deposit and frankly I cant really blame them. We did pay a deposit on a full container with them of £250 so perhaps your friend got away lucky because its everywhere on the paperwork including the booking form.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

we paid no deposit & paid all of it when the sale of the house had gone through approx 3 weeks after shipping. got a statement of assurance from the solicitor - very common apparently
this was with brittania

hth

pootle26
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys

I'll have a ring round, including speaking to PSS.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

With Crown we pay it all when we book the shipping but no deposit in advance
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Poshini is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: How much deposit did you pay shippers?

Thanks all

hi i v know this company who does shipping and freight forwarding to australia.. i got it through loydds list..
name trico international shipping Ltd.
number 02088888787 try it out you may like their prices.. they do door to door deleveries...