Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long Have You Lived In Oz?

How Long Have You Lived In Oz?

Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long Have You Lived In Oz?

We have been here 3years and 10 months. At first did not settle and wanted to go back, but fortunately stuck it out and love it here now, no intention of ever going back to live. I don't even fancy going back for a holiday as I would rather spend my money going somewhere else.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

2years 6months now, the first year was the hardest but we are a bit more settled now though.

Still think about heading back sometimes, especially when called a pom in a nasty tone, like as if we were second class citizens, that bugs me still !
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

2 years 2 months. Totally settled, wouldn't return to the UK if you paid me
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pomster
8 and a half years.
Would be happy in either location - I still miss friends from UK, but would miss Oz friends if we ever went back.
However on my trips to visit family and friends in UK I do wonder if I could ever settle back there again....not sure I could cope with the crowds and 'Sun" reading mentality.
Just coming up to 5 years!!!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

2 yrs and 1 month. No regrets. Some shaky bits to start with but it's worth it!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

And we just celebrated our first anniversary here - and as someone else said earlier in the thread - counting down to our citizenship asap. We love it here. My little daughter will definitely grow up an Aussie with Brit parents - weird if you think that she will never know the places I called home but, oh, so much better here. I'd only go back if I absolutely had to now.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big Sky
I would be interested to know how long people have lived in Oz? There seems to be quite a few people returning after a couple of years.
BS
Three years - still a great adventure and we have settled but it isnt and never will never be home.

The UK is the place of my birth and will always be home

Not going back though !
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

1 week!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:34 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Sky
I would be interested to know how long people have lived in Oz? There seems to be quite a few people returning after a couple of years.
BS
Coming up for 4 years, haven't even visited the UK in that time. I'll probably have to visit my folks in the near future, as my parents are getting pretty old, but beyond that I'm happy here and can't imagine moving anywhere else
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:39 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Coming up for 4 years, haven't even visited the UK in that time. I'll probably have to visit my folks in the near future, as my parents are getting pretty old, but beyond that I'm happy here and can't imagine moving anywhere else
Decade! Give or take few weeks! Loving life in Oz, no plans to return to Europe, went back home (to Finland) only once in 2007 to my mums funeral, and was very very happy when plane landed back HOME in Oz!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

46 years came here as a 10 yr old ,"ten pound pom" have never been back to the UK, may be when i retire.................mm
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

18 months for us.

No intention of returning to the UK.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

We have lived here for 14 months and loving every minute of it. We are not saying that we will never leave but if we did I would definitely try somewhere else to live and don't think I would ever live in the UK again.

Sarah
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:14 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

3 years 5 months and love it here. Went back last year to the UK and unless I had to I don;t think I would live there again. HOwever, we are considering buying a place in France that we can rent out until we retire and then live 6 months there and 6 months here.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:28 pm
k76
Forum Regular

k76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nice

Coming up to 2 + 2 years now. We do miss family from time to time, and of course not everything in Oz is as good as we wish it to be. But on the whole we are happy, with a great lifestyle we couldn't dream of back in cold cold Norway. When we can buy that vineyard I dream of it will be even better! The reality is that no country is perfect, but for us Australia is as close as it gets. No intention to move back home, going back once a year or so keeps the family side of things reasonably happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.