Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long has it taken for that sale

How long has it taken for that sale

Old May 17th 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How long has it taken for that sale

On the market and sold within 18 days, hope it all go's through next week ok :scared:

good luck
Old May 17th 2005, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Been on the market since February. 3 viewings and no offers. Thnk I'm going to be in for the long haul . Really wanted to leave at the end of August/beginning of September which is looking unlikely now. I'm not going to drop the price or accept a stupid offer as the collateral in the house is mine and the kids future so I'll hang on in.

Tracey.
Old May 17th 2005, 9:39 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Hi there

Was just wondering how long it has taken people to sell their houses and what areas (roughly) they were in.

We are near portsmouth and have been on the market for 3 weeks - not much interest though and not much activity in the area.
Hi,

We are in Stevenage in Hertfordshire, had the house on the market for a full months now, had 18 viewings, the last of which has put in an offer £3k under the asking price. We have accepted, only problem being that they want to move quickly so we will need to rent for a few months.

Good luck!!
Old May 18th 2005, 11:33 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I did a quick search on this one for a postcode that I sold in Eastbourne in 2002 for £295,000 and another in the same road which I sold last year for £350,000 and it gave an average price of £148,000! Not sure where they get their figures from as no house in that road under £250,000!!!
I didn't believe a lot of it too. First of all sales were typically £15K - £25K or more less than asking prices. The other thing to remember is that it is cash exchanged so if someone buys out a share of a house from someone else (eg upon divorce buy 50%) it will skew the averages. If one house in the area had been split into flats it would skew the data too. This is why I used this site to look at specific properties I knew of rather than using averages on the Land Registry site.