Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reccomend things to do in Sydney please

Reccomend things to do in Sydney please

Old May 16th 2005, 12:12 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Reccomend things to do in Sydney please

Hi Guys, we have a 3 day trip to do this week in Sydney, we are staying bang in the middle, Liverpool st, got a 3 night 5 star stay in the Meriton World tower 2 bed huge apartment for $528 with wotif.com.au looks ok hope so as it's our Wedding anniversary whilst there, special treat after forgetting last year due to the Leukaemia diagnosis, understandable I know but christ the year has gone quick. Anyway I was looking for a cracking time for Steph & hoped you would be able to reccomend spots for dinner, places to go & shows to see, I suppose something for the kids would be useful too

Thanks
Old May 16th 2005, 12:22 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reccomend things to do in Sydney please

A great place for dinner is the Summit Bar - for the 360 degree views of the city from the 47th floor! Have a look at:
http://www.summitrestaurant.com.au/3.html

For the kids, the zoo and the aquarium are sure-fire winners. Make sure you check out the free flight bird show at the zoo, should you head there.

A trip out to Manly on the ferry to have a leisurely breakfast is always fun.

If you're wanting to check out a show, the opera house does more than opera and the interval drinks are always impressive (the views, again!)

If you've not already found it, you might also want to look at:
http://www.thingstodo-sydney.com/

Have fun!
GG

Originally Posted by DavidT
Hi Guys, we have a 3 day trip to do this week in Sydney, we are staying bang in the middle, Liverpool st, got a 3 night 5 star stay in the Meriton World tower 2 bed huge apartment for $528 with wotif.com.au looks ok hope so as it's our Wedding anniversary whilst there, special treat after forgetting last year due to the Leukaemia diagnosis, understandable I know but christ the year has gone quick. Anyway I was looking for a cracking time for Steph & hoped you would be able to reccomend spots for dinner, places to go & shows to see, I suppose something for the kids would be useful too

Thanks
Old May 16th 2005, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
Good Restaurants (that I've been to)-

Rockpool
Kingsleys (best steak in town)
Nicks Bar & Grill

Good bars -

Cruise Lounge
Hemisphere
Cargo
Establishment
The White Horse (Surry Hills)
Home (sit out side on a nice evening)

Comedy value- The enormnous 1 litre Steins and Oompa band at the Lowenbrau

Taronga Zoo is great- Especially with the ride in on the cable car

Go check out the flying foxes in the botanical gardens.

Be a proper tourist and climb the Harbour Bridge.
Old May 16th 2005, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Some of them are really tacky but when my Dad was over we went on a really nice Lunch cruise on the Harbour. Nice way to while away a couple of hours.
Have a wonderful time!!
Old May 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
Merlot

Very envious, even half an hour in the QVB followed by cocktails at the Rocks would do me.

M

Old May 16th 2005, 8:41 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Try the harbour jet boat

I did
Old May 16th 2005, 9:02 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Also I've heard the AMP Tower has a pretty good virtual ride of Australia.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu.E

Be a proper tourist and climb the Harbour Bridge.
we did this with a few other expats from here and had a great day. its worth doing once
Old May 17th 2005, 1:38 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

I'd definitely recommend doing a harbour cruise from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. They last a few hours, and are pretty cheap (about $20 I think). Some of them include drinks. A great way to see the city.

Oh, don't bother with the Sydney Aquarium at the moment if you were thinking of doing it. They're doing building extensions at the moment and when I went, a lot of the exhibits were closed (they don't tell you this until AFTER you have paid and entered of course!).

Sydney Botanical gardens are also great (and of course, free!).

Your only problem this week is going to be the weather! It's pretty showery for most of the week according to the forecasts.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:41 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future

I always found the best thing to do when in Sydney is to book a flight to Brizzy!
Old May 17th 2005, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

If you enjoy seafood, try Jordan's at Darling Harbour.

For the best (and very cheap) bowl of Vietnamese beef noodle soup, try Pasteur at 709 George St, near Chinatown. They also do very nice springrolls and other delicious Vietnamese starters.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 5:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
If you enjoy seafood, try Jordan's at Darling Harbour.

For the best (and very cheap) bowl of Vietnamese beef noodle soup, try Pasteur at 709 George St, near Chinatown. They also do very nice springrolls and other delicious Vietnamese starters.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

Vietnamese my favourite food, yum yum
Old May 17th 2005, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future

i say head to 3 wise on a wednesday then again maybe dont
Old May 17th 2005, 11:37 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If the weather is good, we would recommend catching a ferry from Circular Quays to Watsons Bay, and getting Doyles takeway Fish & Chips to eat in the park overlooking the water - lovely. After lunch, walk across the park and do the short cliff walk - stunning views out over the ocean and looking back over across the Sydney harbour. One of our best days out with the family.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy yourself and have a fantastic time!!

Nicky & Dave

Nicky
Old May 17th 2005, 12:52 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys were all getting excited, I 'll toast ou all on my first snifter, probably in the airport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.