Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long to find jobs in Oz

How long to find jobs in Oz

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default How long to find jobs in Oz

Hi All

Hubby still struggling to find work after almost 11 months, he has been laid off 3 times,

Anyone else out there having a hard time finding work?

Hubby is a gas fitter by trade, applied for everything and anything, lost count of all the dear john letters he's had.

we have had so much bad luck since being here, somethings got to come along, before im in a straight jacket, it really getting to me now

Yve
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to find jobs in Oz

Originally posted by abergas
Hi All

Hubby still struggling to find work after almost 11 months, he has been laid off 3 times,

Anyone else out there having a hard time finding work?

Hubby is a gas fitter by trade, applied for everything and anything, lost count of all the dear john letters he's had.

we have had so much bad luck since being here, somethings got to come along, before im in a straight jacket, it really getting to me now

Yve
There have been others in this situation, esp people with a trade. Do you have to stay in the area you are in, or is there any small chance of moving elsewhere where the prospects might be better?

You've been having a terrible time by the sounds of it - things have to improve for you soon....

Good luck, and fingers firmly crossed
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Yve, has hubby thought of going it alone? Has he thought about putting an add in the paper under Gas fitting?
Has he been through the Yellow pages and wrote or better still turned up at Gas fitting places?
I have very often taken people on because they have come through the door rather than sending there letters and CV as then you have a good idea as to what that person is like and how determined they are in getting a job.
Have you tried all the building companies, as a lot of them put a gas supply to the house.

You will probably say yes to most of these I have suggested, but just trying to help.

Just one last thought, can he diversify in any other way, say, plumbing for instance? Maybe I am talking out of my top hat.

We have had to change things with our business to get the best out of it, and no doubt, we will have to many more times to keep up with the seasons and the competition in the area.

Good luck again Yve, you really are having a bad time of it lately.

Whisky
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Cant suggest anything yvonne, except maybe trying something else if only casual. Just want to say hope things get better for you soon and hubby gets sorted.

di