Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

luv my fishing / perth

luv my fishing / perth

Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:31 am
Just Joined

gary.jepp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default luv my fishing / perth

hi all, just wanted to know what the sea fishung is like in perth beach / charter boat costs and fishing the swan river i cant wait im so excited worth going to oz just for that despite all the other great things
Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

lau and mart is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, just arrived back from perth after 3 week holiday, moving over as soon as house sold. Saw loads of people fishing in the sea all up the coast, obviously there are favourite spots. Mills Charters are a charter company catering for all the usual parties. No web site but you can e mail them on [email protected]. incidently the business is up for sale! May have more info for you when ive finished unpacking my suitcase.
laura
Old Apr 25th 2004, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

alandsal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: luv my fishing / perth

Originally posted by gary.jepp
hi all, just wanted to know what the sea fishung is like in perth beach / charter boat costs and fishing the swan river i cant wait im so excited worth going to oz just for that despite all the other great things
www.fishingwa.com.au has regular updates from all areas and features beach, boat and river fishing.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Never touched a fishing rod until we came here. Totally hooked.
Loads to catch, eat and see.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:58 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
Never touched a fishing rod until we came here. Totally hooked.
Loads to catch, eat and see.

Whisky
I do a bit of fishing. I caught a snapper off the jetty at Denham. I often get a few herring at Ocean Reef but yesterday managed only 3 blow fish. I saw 3 dolphins and a seal, which probably explained the lack of fish.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We decided to go down to Mandaurah yesterday for a spot of fishing, we went to north harbour, right where the sea meets the estuary bit. We caught 10 blow fish bloomin things and paul managed to catch 1 Brim. Not very good i didnt think. The best place we went was port dennison my daughter was hooking them out left right and centre. Paul went on Mills charter he didnt catch much he said as soon as you get your rods in the water, they decide to move patch, they took 2 hours to actually get to this stretch of water 2 back so they didnt have very long fishing in all. The best he said was when he went over to rotnest for the day with his aussie mates they had a ball caught a huge dewy he said it was great.
Yes we are all hooked on fishing.
Joanne
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Go fishing all the time every weekend been fishing at Rockingham Hilary’s boat harbour, mandurah etc and caught loads

Herring, sand whiting, king George whiting, trumpeters, silver bream, blowies, etc

So get your self over here and get fishing
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

My hubby has only managed to catch 2 fish to date and blames it on the size of his tackle . He was really embarrased yesterday when a bloke asked him why on earth he was sea fishing with such a tiddly rod!! "Cos the wife won't let me have a new one" came to mind but he mumbled some other excuse.

I think the time has come to let him have an enlargement to save further embarrasment.

Then....it will be...we could catch more if we had a boat!!! Dream on...