Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long to clear immigration on arrival?

how long to clear immigration on arrival?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:21 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to clear immigration on arrival?

Just do in as normal. They stamp your passport and that has the date. Your passport details get scanned into the system same as a holiday visa.

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
On the 'when you arrive' theme what do you actually do to validate your visa's?
Is there a 'validate here' desk !?!? Do you get your passport stamped on arrival? What evidence do you have that your visa has been validated ?

Lee
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eddie007
ok, presuming the plane arrives on time and that the kids haven't tried to smuggle in anything illegal like the odd apple....

Realistically how long does it take to collect baggage/ get through immigration and get your tootsies on real australian soil?

Our flight alledgedly arrives at 1435 and I need to book a vehicle for collection.... how many hours does this final bit take?

I'm sorry about the muppet posts but obviously have reached the stage where the devil is in the detail.... and its this that is worrying me... another few weeks and it will all be over and the muppet questions will have stopped and you will just be getting muppet first/seciond/third week in Oz reports

Having gone through immigration at Perth a number of times, all I can say, is get off that plane FAST!!! No hanging about, and be the first in the queue at passport control. Perth is a strange airport, sometimes it can be hours before a flight lands, then all of a sudden 2 or 3 come in at once. Each flight holds about 250 people so you can imagine how long the queue can be. Passport control is very thorough. None of this flicking through your passport and waving you on. They scrutenise all the passports and will ask you where you are staying. Ensure you have filled in the questionare on the flight and be ready to hand it in with your passports. Good luck
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

They can be arranged for a fee

Originally Posted by Wendy
No flags, no fanfare, nothing!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Having gone through immigration at Perth a number of times, all I can say, is get off that plane FAST!!! No hanging about, and be the first in the queue at passport control. Perth is a strange airport, sometimes it can be hours before a flight lands, then all of a sudden 2 or 3 come in at once. Each flight holds about 250 people so you can imagine how long the queue can be. Passport control is very thorough. None of this flicking through your passport and waving you on. They scrutenise all the passports and will ask you where you are staying. Ensure you have filled in the questionare on the flight and be ready to hand it in with your passports. Good luck

Mate, come to Adelaide and then catch an internal flight
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Brisbane is much the same as perth. I've got through Brisbane in as little as 20 minutes, or as long as an hour - that was when three flights landed near enough together and all the baggage came out at the same time.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

no welcoming committee? no brass band? no speeches by men in red coats wearing bling bling?

don't know that I'll bother now...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:20 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

no welcoming committee? no brass band? no speeches by men in red coats wearing bling bling?

don't know that I'll bother now...
Bring your own balloons, some cornish pasties and a bottle of pop. You'll be right

Graham
Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

they'll let cornish pasties through border control?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

have 2 grumpy toddlers get through in minutes....

when we were in perth in april 07 we arrived at 12midnight 4 jumbos arrived at the same time,so immigration was heaving.

immigration officer saw that dd aged 16months was very grumpy told us to follow him and he opened a terminal just for us we cleared imm in about 5 mins

we could feel the daggers been thrown at us but we did not care

lovely man
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by andrew63
I was told that if you are a PR you can go through the Aussie Passport holders area.
Not sure if this is true!
For sure that's not what AUSTRALIAN PASSPORTS means but it was a customs guy that told me that.
Anyone actually done it?

Andrew
Officially the queue is for Australian passport holiders only. However if one of your familiy has an AU passport and the rest don't then the immigration ppl don't mind you using it.

There is no difference between the two areas and I have seen them us the aussie one when the other queue was long.

You may get sent to the back of the other queue if your not an aussie passport holder and may get refused entry because you can't read (Joking).

I have found that it doesn't matter which queue you are in since your bags come out at the same time (late). Therefore you are either waiting in the immigration queue or in the queue for your bags.

If you want to miss the queues then don't get an early arrival flight. Most flights get in early (in Sydney anyway).
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:29 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laidbackfreak
ncie tip i was told and have used on entering oz.... is buy a packet of biscuits\choclates or summit similar.... go through the red channel to declare them and you'll breeze through in minutes
I did this the first time i went, being a frugal scot, i thought theres no way im chucking all my unopened munchies that i bought for my 26 hour flight in those bins on arrival, so i went to the something to declare queue with my walkers crisps and crunchie bars etc and was through in like 10 mins!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

ok, presuming the plane arrives on time and that the kids haven't tried to smuggle in anything illegal like the odd apple....

Realistically how long does it take to collect baggage/ get through immigration and get your tootsies on real australian soil?

Our flight alledgedly arrives at 1435 and I need to book a vehicle for collection.... how many hours does this final bit take?

I'm sorry about the muppet posts but obviously have reached the stage where the devil is in the detail.... and its this that is worrying me... another few weeks and it will all be over and the muppet questions will have stopped and you will just be getting muppet first/seciond/third week in Oz reports
yes about an hour just like on holiday. www.turntvoff.com
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Actually Brisbane airport was really fast at getting the baggage out problem for us was that the airline lost our buggy so we had to wait quite a while to get that sorted (got it sent 3 days later), we did get told off because we forgot about some lollies (sweets) in one of the bags which the customs fella had to confiscate.

Good luck

www.turntvoff.com
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

We arrrived late afternoon and look a while. There were cues!!!! A tip I read once was declare something and its quicker. Like a bag of sweets.

Not sure if this helps but going to try it next time.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:54 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Took me about an hour, i even got a " welcome to Australia John "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.