Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long to clear immigration on arrival?

how long to clear immigration on arrival?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default how long to clear immigration on arrival?

ok, presuming the plane arrives on time and that the kids haven't tried to smuggle in anything illegal like the odd apple....

Realistically how long does it take to collect baggage/ get through immigration and get your tootsies on real australian soil?

Our flight alledgedly arrives at 1435 and I need to book a vehicle for collection.... how many hours does this final bit take?

I'm sorry about the muppet posts but obviously have reached the stage where the devil is in the detail.... and its this that is worrying me... another few weeks and it will all be over and the muppet questions will have stopped and you will just be getting muppet first/seciond/third week in Oz reports
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to clear immigration on arrival?

It took us less than an hour to clear customs, get our bags and get out of the airport. That was Adelaide Airport though, others may be busier
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:45 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It took us less than an hour to clear customs, get our bags and get out of the airport. That was Adelaide Airport though, others may be busier
Yeah I reckon about the same for us too. It was really no different to arriving for a holiday.

Disappointingly
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
ok, presuming the plane arrives on time and that the kids haven't tried to smuggle in anything illegal like the odd apple....

Realistically how long does it take to collect baggage/ get through immigration and get your tootsies on real australian soil?

Our flight alledgedly arrives at 1435 and I need to book a vehicle for collection.... how many hours does this final bit take?

I'm sorry about the muppet posts but obviously have reached the stage where the devil is in the detail.... and its this that is worrying me... another few weeks and it will all be over and the muppet questions will have stopped and you will just be getting muppet first/seciond/third week in Oz reports
About 25 minutes for us, only hubby and me, my suitcases are allways the last of the plane,have a good trip
Janet
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Yeah I reckon about the same for us too. It was really no different to arriving for a holiday.

Disappointingly

I know!. Where were the flags bloody Aussies
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

laidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the rough

ncie tip i was told and have used on entering oz.... is buy a packet of biscuits\choclates or summit similar.... go through the red channel to declare them and you'll breeze through in minutes
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:01 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that if you are a PR you can go through the Aussie Passport holders area.
Not sure if this is true!
For sure that's not what AUSTRALIAN PASSPORTS means but it was a customs guy that told me that.
Anyone actually done it?

Andrew
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:03 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know!. Where were the flags bloody Aussies
Have you seen Katherine Tate? You know the sketch in the burger bar with the lights and the dancing?

THAT'S what I wanted LOL

'One new Australian immigrant over here!' LOL
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Landing at that time of day, you should get through quite quickly as most of the international flights arrive early morning.

Where are you flying into?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

perth
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:13 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

With STNI, you have to fill in forms/surveys (I think) at various intervals during the two year committment to the state.

Any STNI people out there who have done this already and did you have to do anything different on arrival at immigration?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andrew63
I was told that if you are a PR you can go through the Aussie Passport holders area.
Not sure if this is true!
For sure that's not what AUSTRALIAN PASSPORTS means but it was a customs guy that told me that.
Anyone actually done it?

Andrew

Only if you accompany an Aussie citizen, so anyone on a spouse visa could.

Originally Posted by northerner
Have you seen Katherine Tate? You know the sketch in the burger bar with the lights and the dancing?

THAT'S what I wanted LOL

'One new Australian immigrant over here!' LOL
I may have to try going through again.

Actually, I'd rather not
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:19 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

On the 'when you arrive' theme what do you actually do to validate your visa's?
Is there a 'validate here' desk !?!? Do you get your passport stamped on arrival? What evidence do you have that your visa has been validated ?

Lee
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:19 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

It depends. Check the Perth airport website and see what flights land at around the same time, if your is the only one it might be quick. But if 5 747's get in at the same time it could take a while.

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
On the 'when you arrive' theme what do you actually do to validate your visa's?
Is there a 'validate here' desk !?!? Do you get your passport stamped on arrival? What evidence do you have that your visa has been validated ?

Lee

You go through customs, they stamp your passport and that's it.

No flags, no fanfare, nothing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.