Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how long before they contact you??

how long before they contact you??

Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:49 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default how long before they contact you??

Hi All,
Our visa was delivered on the 30th May and We're just wondering how long on average they take before the acknowledge it,do they post it out or email you??
Have seen some on here that have had ack in 3 days!!
Getting paranoid already!!!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:24 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long before they contact you??

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi All,
Our visa was delivered on the 30th May and We're just wondering how long on average they take before the acknowledge it,do they post it out or email you??

give it a couple of weeks mate
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:34 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

cheers!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:47 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

Hang in there mate...it will all kick off soon enough... :scared: PANIC...

Corker
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Patient as ever I see !!!

What are you going to do when you have the acknowledgment and have months of nail biting and people constantly asking you "Have you heard yet ?" ?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Hi All,
hiya mate,

in exactly the same boat, ours was delivered on the 9th May and the fact I haven't had an acknowledgement is driving me nuts !!!

Don't want to harass them with emails in case they bomb me to the bottom of the pile, but one month to acknowedge ????
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martynm
hiya mate,

in exactly the same boat, ours was delivered on the 9th May and the fact I haven't had an acknowledgement is driving me nuts !!!

Don't want to harass them with emails in case they bomb me to the bottom of the pile, but one month to acknowedge ????

Did you pay by credit card?, have you looked to see if it's been taken out yet.

Ours was taken from the CC within three weeks, but acknowledgement didn't come through from our agent for six. But we weren't bothered cos we knew it had been paid.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
Did you pay by credit card?, have you looked to see if it's been taken out yet.

Ours was taken from the CC within three weeks, but acknowledgement didn't come through from our agent for six. But we weren't bothered cos we knew it had been paid.

Wendy C....you're a godsend.

Just checked with my bank and they've debited the CC on 24th May.

REassured at last !

Thanks Wendy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: how long before they contact you??

Hi All,

Our visa was delivered 01/05/06 - received acknowledgement 16/05/06

Not be long for yours!

Paula
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:11 pm
Running on the spot.

Hi All,
Been away to the beach for the weekend so sorry for not replying to you all sooner.
Thanks for all your replies!
Good luck to all you others out there waiting!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:22 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

D'you think that once they've opened up your application form to find your credit card details and taken the dosh off you, that anyone actually looks at your whole application and starts the ball rolling??

*pearly*
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:57 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
D'you think that once they've opened up your application form to find your credit card details and taken the dosh off you, that anyone actually looks at your whole application and starts the ball rolling??

*pearly*

Totally agree, however when we first applied i was doing my nut as we waited nearly 3.5 months and nt so much as a sausage, I was just about to get upset with my agent when we got the acknowledgement then two days later we got the med request !!

Be patient easy for me to say though.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb

*pearly*
I believe that they look over the application quickly to be sure you have enclosed the correct forms, etc. Any that are incorrect or missing key elements are sent back to the applicant. At least that's what I was told by an agent friend in Perth.