How Long ?

Old May 13th 2005, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long ?

Can anyone give me some idea on how long it takes before we get notification. Immigration received our application Feb 15th this year, taken payment and we have received receipt. Its almost 3 months to the day - does it really take this long - I just want the big YES and visa !!!.

Forgot to add - all our meds and police records have already gone - all done by our agent. So in therory we should get a YES or no answer soon (maybe, hopefully).

Last edited by MikeMc; May 13th 2005 at 7:12 am.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:41 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long ?

Processing time depends on the type of visa you've applied for. What have you applied for?

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Can anyone give me some idea on how long it takes before we get notification. Immigration received our application Feb 15th this year, taken payment and we have received receipt. Its almost 3 months to the day - does it really take this long - I just want the big YES and visa !!!.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:44 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Mike,
Long time no see. How are you doing? Any luck on sale of the house yet?
We finally after 11 months got an offer on Monday. Needless to say we didn't haggle, we just accepted.
Sarah
Old May 13th 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Hey Sarah,

Noticed your house sale - Well done !!!! - Ours is still up for sale no viewers yet although the new Estate Agent shop only been opened a short while. I am told things are really slow, which is just as well. Having major upgrades to kitchen, Boiler, bathroom. So whoever comes and buys it is getting a really good deal. Although wish I had some light been quiet everywhere Visas, house etc.

Hmm am our original application was on Skilled Migration IT 136 but due to changes in their processes we are looking at Subclass 139 it appears.

Damn agents of ours are completely useless.

Last edited by MikeMc; May 13th 2005 at 7:10 am.
Old May 13th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate,

We're probably on the same timeline...ie we must have submitted our apps off in the same week in Feb. We have just be requested to sought out meds and police stuff.

Hope it helps

Cheers

C
Old May 13th 2005, 9:07 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Sarah,

Noticed your house sale - Well done !!!! - Ours is still up for sale no viewers yet although the new Estate Agent shop only been opened a short while. I am told things are really slow, which is just as well. Having major upgrades to kitchen, Boiler, bathroom. So whoever comes and buys it is getting a really good deal. Although wish I had some light been quiet everywhere Visas, house etc.

Hmm am our original application was on Skilled Migration IT 136 but due to changes in their processes we are looking at Subclass 139 it appears.

Damn agents of ours are completely useless.
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear your agent is useless.
New shop is great, been in a few times to see my dad. Yes, it is incredibly quiet and has been for ages. We've only had 2 viewings since before easter. 1 of them came and said that they would like to make an offer but the house was too expensive at £139,950 and could only afford (at a struggle) 110k. I ask you, what planet are they on?
As we only renovated the whole house 2 years ago our buyers won't have to do naything either. It certainly adds to the appeal. Don't forget to do your garden as this also helps. Good luck.
Sarah
Old May 13th 2005, 10:11 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to add - all our meds and police records have already gone - all done by our agent. So in therory we should get a YES or no answer soon (maybe, hopefully).

Hi there, we just got our visa yesterday 3 months and 26 days from sending off to Adelaide (frontloaded) so hopefully not too long to wait now!

Good luck

Carolyn
Old May 13th 2005, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

NAC - thanks for the info, could be prety soon then.

Sarah, thanks for the confidence booster of sorts feel kind of better on the house front. We have droped ours to £109,000 dont really want to drop too much.