Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mrs Jim is back home :)

Mrs Jim is back home :)

Old May 12th 2005, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Mrs Jim is back home :)

Well just thought I'd say Mrs Jim2004 is out of the hospital and back home This is a weeks trial which has been arranged so if it is too soon and things go pear shaped, the bed will still be there and we won't have to go thru all the messing again to get her back in.

I'm confident it won't be needed as she is just getting better and better by the day All the things like watching TV, listening to music, reading of any sort, which she hasn't been able to do for weeks, well she's back on track with all of that!

At the time all of this started, there was a couple of worrying replies to one of my posts about the state of the Mental Health funding in Australia, and I think what I'm about to say is VERY relevant!

I've been shocked how many Aussies or Kiwi's we've come into contact really, the Social Worker is an Aussie, the Psychiatrist is a Kiwi, and the top bloke she see today is another Aussie.

Anyway, because of my worries about my partner, I HAD TO grab the top bloke today, pull to one side, and ask his opinion on Mental Health is Oz, and was quite reassured by his comments. He basically said that the help you'd get in Oz would be no diff from the UK, as good as! He said he'd worked in Brisbane for 3 yrs and said the help was as good there as anywhere else he'd worked!

Now as far as still going to Oz, well it's completely been put on the back burner for now, but hearing what I have from these few ppl, well it's just good news in my book.

The bloke I see today said there should be MANY things I should worry about with emigrating to Oz, but there Mental Health support REALLY shouldn't be one of them!

Sounds good to me!
Old May 12th 2005, 1:58 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mrs Jim is back home :)

Great news Paul I'm glad the missus is getting better, have a nice weekend
Old May 12th 2005, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
Great news Paul I'm glad the missus is getting better, have a nice weekend
Thanks Fraser, we will
Old May 12th 2005, 2:11 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

Glad to hear that things are going well and your good lady is back home, and I hope this signals the turning of the corner, if you know what I mean!

Sending you all a hug and some K!

Nicky
Old May 12th 2005, 2:18 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

terrific news Paul. Good times ahead for both of you I hope.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:32 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear she is on the mend
louise
Old May 12th 2005, 2:50 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Well just thought I'd say Mrs Jim2004 is out of the hospital and back home This is a weeks trial which has been arranged so if it is too soon and things go pear shaped, the bed will still be there and we won't have to go thru all the messing again to get her back in.

I'm confident it won't be needed as she is just getting better and better by the day All the things like watching TV, listening to music, reading of any sort, which she hasn't been able to do for weeks, well she's back on track with all of that!

At the time all of this started, there was a couple of worrying replies to one of my posts about the state of the Mental Health funding in Australia, and I think what I'm about to say is VERY relevant!

I've been shocked how many Aussies or Kiwi's we've come into contact really, the Social Worker is an Aussie, the Psychiatrist is a Kiwi, and the top bloke she see today is another Aussie.

Anyway, because of my worries about my partner, I HAD TO grab the top bloke today, pull to one side, and ask his opinion on Mental Health is Oz, and was quite reassured by his comments. He basically said that the help you'd get in Oz would be no diff from the UK, as good as! He said he'd worked in Brisbane for 3 yrs and said the help was as good there as anywhere else he'd worked!

Now as far as still going to Oz, well it's completely been put on the back burner for now, but hearing what I have from these few ppl, well it's just good news in my book.

The bloke I see today said there should be MANY things I should worry about with emigrating to Oz, but there Mental Health support REALLY shouldn't be one of them!

Sounds good to me!
Glad she is feeling better Paul & home again.
Thinking of you both.

Claire
xxxxx
Old May 12th 2005, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Thanks everyone, means lots.

We've been out for a long walk with mutters and 'what a lovely day'

Forcast is good and we've been talking a fair bit about Oz, so I'm just chuffed at the mo, feelin rather good

My house is now a home again

Yeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa !!
Old May 12th 2005, 3:46 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, means lots.

We've been out for a long walk with mutters and 'what a lovely day'

Forcast is good and we've been talking a fair bit about Oz, so I'm just chuffed at the mo, feelin rather good

My house is now a home again

Yeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa !!
So glad to hear your wife is feeling better Paul, sending best wishes and a full speedy recovery
Old May 12th 2005, 4:43 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you all ... have PMd you
Old May 12th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic news mate, glad to hear mrs jim is home and getting better by the day, send her our thoughts and good wishes.
good news on oz front too
Old May 12th 2005, 5:50 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are both on the up
Posative thoughts are being sent down the A414 to you and Mrs Jim
Gillian
Old May 12th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Paul, really pleased things are looking up. Just take one day at a time.
Best wishes
Hilaryxx
Old May 12th 2005, 7:09 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Great news Paul, really pleased things are looking up. Just take one day at a time.
Best wishes
Hilaryxx
Nice one buddy, hope happy times lie ahead for you.
Old May 12th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Sounds good to me!

Pleased to hear you have your lady home, and that things are looking good.Take it easy both of you, sounds as if you will have the medical support in Oz.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.