How long

Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long

Can anyone tell me roughly how long after that yellow envelope (your visa) drops through your door before you have to get them validated?

Kevin
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:03 am
WBB

Default Re: How long

Originally posted by kevt
Can anyone tell me roughly how long after that yellow envelope (your visa) drops through your door before you have to get them validated?

Kevin

im sure it is 12 months from your meds or police checks, which ever came first.

Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:05 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by welshboybilly

Thats correct. Apart from if you get a health undertaking which is then 6 months from medical.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly

But don't you have to hand your meds and police checks in beofre you finally get your visa.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:10 am
Just Joined

emmiebean3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Medical

Hi,
Im in the process of filling out our application form and need to get my family Medical Certs and police Certs.
Gosh do they really cost so much,why do we have to spend around £600. just for a couple of pieces of paper,and why do we all have to have xrays......you can tell im new to this,or am I really just thick?
replys welcome.......
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:11 am
WBB

But don't you have to hand your meds and police checks in beofre you finally get your visa.

yes

they go from the date you first got them.

Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:13 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

That's correct. The med/police checks are usually done a couple of months before you actually get the visa. In which case you will have about 10 months to validate your visa!

Theresa
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kittenlips
That's correct. The med/police checks are usually done a couple of months before you actually get the visa. In which case you will have about 10 months to validate your visa!

Theresa
Thanks
That was the answer i was looking for.

Just thinking ahead and worrying about selling the house after reading boomerang's 2 sell or not to sell thread. It seems that if you can crash with relatives and you are confident that you will get your visa then it might be safer to sell as soon as possible while the housing market may still have some pace to it.

Kevin
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:43 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Kevin
Hi Kevin

Can be complications - we applied in April this year, and had our meds in June. We were then told that our UK police clearances were due to run out Auguust 30th. (Got them done far too early and then spent ages on the application). Our visas were granted on the 30th May and we HAD to be in Oz by August 30th re our UK police clearances. A bit of a rush! Too scared to contest it in case we had to start again!

Probabaly a bit of an anomaly.

Check your paperwork!

P.S Probably worth adding that we front loaded our applicaton with our Oz and UK police clearances - got caught up in it all and didn't even think about expiry dates of police clearances.

Last edited by Pookin; Oct 27th 2003 at 10:58 am.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 11:47 am
Just Joined

kcsb17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical

Originally posted by emmiebean3
Hi,
Im in the process of filling out our application form and need to get my family Medical Certs and police Certs.
Gosh do they really cost so much,why do we have to spend around £600. just for a couple of pieces of paper,and why do we all have to have xrays......you can tell im new to this,or am I really just thick?
replys welcome.......
Yes it really does cost that much. You can shop around as we found slight variations depending on the Hospital/Doctor involved. Australia is very strict about the health of prospective immigrants and may reject you on the basis of TB (hence xrays) or Hepatitis/HIV (hence blood tests).
I think its a good thing when you consider the burden that has been placed on the NHS as a result of having no such controls.

K