how long

Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long

when u are granted your visa how long do u get before u have to go, i thought it was 1 year des recons 2

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:29 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how long

Originally posted by desmund
when u are granted your visa how long do u get before u have to go, i thought it was 1 year des recons 2

arlene
Hi

your first entry date is generally one year from the date of your plice checks or medicals, whichever is earlier. This can be reduced to six months if you have to sign a health undertaking.

This is only the date you have to enter Aus by, it can be for a holiday. You have up to 5 years to move to Australia by.

Hope this help

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi

your first entry date is generally one year from the date of your plice checks or medicals, whichever is earlier. This can be reduced to six months if you have to sign a health undertaking.

This is only the date you have to enter Aus by, it can be for a holiday. You have up to 5 years to move to Australia by.

Hope this help

Mel
sorry

does that mean that when we are granted our visa then we have 5 years to make the move to oz, i thought it was a lot less than that

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:50 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

sorry

does that mean that when we are granted our visa then we have 5 years to make the move to oz, i thought it was a lot less than that

arlene
When you are granted your visa you will need to at least visit the country by the first entry date (which is a year from the date of your police checks ormedicals usually). After that you can come and go as you please for 5 years from the date of your visa grant, so you can take your time moving out if you want.

Cheers

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mika24me
When you are granted your visa you will need to at least visit the country by the first entry date (which is a year from the date of your police checks ormedicals usually). After that you can come and go as you please for 5 years from the date of your visa grant, so you can take your time moving out if you want.

Cheers

Mel

wow

did our police checks in august but not meds yet, dont want to have to visit within a year need the money for emigrating, think i must be stupid i was under the impression it went on the visa being granted as to the time limit for emigrating

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:19 am
Hussy

wow

did our police checks in august but not meds yet, dont want to have to visit within a year need the money for emigrating, think i must be stupid i was under the impression it went on the visa being granted as to the time limit for emigrating

arlene
Hi

unfortunately not. This is why ASPC reccomend you wait and do not send police checks and medicals until they ask for them. You could always get your police checks done again around the time that your medicals are requested to give yourselves an extra few months.

If it comes to it though you may have to take a holiday to Australia before you make the final move. Costly but worth it if it gives you extra time to prepare and save for the move.

Good luck

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Validating Your Visa

Have a look here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#07

Best regards.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Validating Your Visa

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Have a look here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#07

Best regards.
many thanks

was going to get meds done before being asked but will wait now like they said it would be cheaper to get police checks done again rather than medicals

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Validating Your Visa

many thanks

was going to get meds done before being asked but will wait now like they said it would be cheaper to get police checks done again rather than medicals

arlene

now as i understand it, if they ask for the medicals and police checks and we get our visa granted 6 months or more later, then we only have a short amount of time to sell the house otherwise all 3 of us have to make the trip out to validate the visa,

gosh that is going to be so expensive, does everybody or most people have to do this or does everyone sell up and move before the leaving expiry date

arlene