Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How hot is it really?

How hot is it really?

Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Discovery has a spectacular aura aboutDiscovery has a spectacular aura aboutDiscovery has a spectacular aura about
Default How hot is it really?

A lot has been written about the heat wave in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia. Is it really that bad?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:57 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How hot is it really?

Are you serious?? Go check the bushfire thread in the barbie.... that will tell you how hot it is!!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:00 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We clocked 41C on the car's thermometer about 3pm this afternoon, just west of Sydney CBD.

That's pretty warm.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

When its cold you can always put a coat on and wrap up, when its gets so freaking hot that train lines warp and the pavement feels like its going to melt you can only strip off a few clothes and from then on you just suffer.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Discovery
A lot has been written about the heat wave in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia. Is it really that bad?
storm in a teacup really, just ask my head gasket
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It has been really hot in SA over the past 2 - 3 weeks. A few days at a time isn't too bad, but when you get into a week and more of it in a row, then yes it's pretty bad.

It's very hard to sleep when it's still over 20 degrees - which it has been for quite a few nights. You go out and the sun just literally burns you - remember the temperature reading is in the shade! On Australia day the temp in the shade in my garden was 35 degrees, when I put it in the sun it got to over 55 degrees!

It's been pretty lovely today - well once the wind changed from Northerly to Southerly - but it's still currently 24 degrees at 10:40pm.

Here's a really cool site where you can look at statistic and stuff.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/statio...2009&submit=go
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:15 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It has been really hot in SA over the past 2 - 3 weeks. A few days at a time isn't too bad, but when you get into a week and more of it in a row, then yes it's pretty bad.

It's very hard to sleep when it's still over 20 degrees - which it has been for quite a few nights. You go out and the sun just literally burns you - remember the temperature reading is in the shade! On Australia day the temp in the shade in my garden was 35 degrees, when I put it in the sun it got to over 55 degrees!

It's been pretty lovely today - well once the wind changed from Northerly to Southerly - but it's still currently 24 degrees at 10:40pm.

Here's a really cool site where you can look at statistic and stuff.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/statio...2009&submit=go
might even sleep with the duvet on tonight m8, woohoo!!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

It's dropped to 21c here at the moment it feels freezing after the 47.9c (just heard it on the news) that it reached here today.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:22 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

YES it's that bad....

23:20 and its still 33 in the house, beer is about 4 degrees though!!!..... Was mid 40's today, we are in the west of Sydney.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
might even sleep with the duvet on tonight m8, woohoo!!

I won't be, I am loving being cold for a change. I'm even still sat outside (damn flies everywhere! )
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

I've not really read the whole thread so I'm sure that someone might have already said this but LIVES are at risk. 14 people confirmed dead and the total expected to rise.

(Big bush fires going)
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:29 am
Up The Arse!!

I won't be, I am loving being cold for a change. I'm even still sat outside (damn flies everywhere! )
as i`ve said before these flies are pussies, 5 days over 40 you don`t see the bastards then 1 cool change and their all over ya like westbrook with a bag of yayo
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wengerboy
as i`ve said before these flies are pussies, 5 days over 40 you don`t see the bastards then 1 cool change and their all over ya like westbrook with a bag of yayo

The ants are just as bad....I have used 4 cartons of Mortein ant sand today - in the HOUSE
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

WestcliffHigh will become famous soon enough

The ants are just as bad....I have used 4 cartons of Mortein ant sand today - in the HOUSE
Shit of a day now talking about 40 dead in outskirts of Melbourne , 14 confirmed already
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by WestcliffHigh
Shit of a day now talking about 40 dead in outskirts of Melbourne , 14 confirmed already

That's so sad isn't it. I heard on the news today that over 70 people have died in SA because of heat related stress illnesses - mind you one of the politicians said 'not to use aircon' last week - I mean WTF was he thinking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.