Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How easy is the visa process?

How easy is the visa process?

Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How easy is the visa process?

Originally Posted by shellybabe
Thanks Wendy I will. Are you nervous at all about your move? Have you been to Oz before?

Not nervous at all, I'm really excited especially today as we have had news about our house sale and we complete next Monday, so I have a bit of an Adrenalin rush just now. I think I'll have to go to the pub to calm down

Never been before, but I just know that it's right.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:47 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeresaG
We are only just starting off with the whole process too at the moment. We are using an agent to help us. At the moment we are collecting everything for my husband's skills assessment. Our agent has told us that the process is likely to take about 12 months altogether.
Sounds about right timewise.

For all new peeps there is a site called http://www.austimeline.com/ .

People enter their application timelines and you can get an idea how long it takes (in general). You will come to love and hate the site.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:49 am
Just Joined

shellybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Documents needed for Visa Application

Hello Again!
Can anyone tell me what documents and paperwork are needed for a skilled Visa application so I can try and get some ready
Also do I have to show any documentation when it is my partner who is applying?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:52 am
Just Joined

shellybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How easy is the visa process?

Wendy you are like us, everyone looks at me daft when I say I want to go and live somewhere I have never been! But I know it will be the right thing to do.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents needed for Visa Application

Hello Again!
Can anyone tell me what documents and paperwork are needed for a skilled Visa application so I can try and get some ready
Also do I have to show any documentation when it is my partner who is applying?
It just so happens I posted a while ago with all the forms etc.

See here - Post 5

Before you do any of this you'll have to have your OH's skills assessed by the TRA. Info here

Providing you have enough points then you just need TRA for your hubby. But you will need copies of things for the Visa application for all applicants (Hubby, You and kids if you have them).

Download booklet 6 from www.immi.gov.au and that will tell you all you need to know.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy you are like us, everyone looks at me daft when I say I want to go and live somewhere I have never been! But I know it will be the right thing to do.
Sometimes you have to take risks in life, and follow your gut feelings. Other people who think you're mad only think like that cos they don't have the guts to do it themselves