Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How easy is the visa process?

How easy is the visa process?

Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:06 am
Just Joined

shellybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How easy is the visa process?

Hello, just wondered if anyone could help, we are looking to move to Oz and are just starting the visa process. Is there any help anyone can give us?!
pleeeeeeeeseeeeee!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How easy is the visa process?

Originally Posted by shellybabe
Hello, just wondered if anyone could help, we are looking to move to Oz and are just starting the visa process. Is there any help anyone can give us?!
pleeeeeeeeseeeeee!!!

Welcome to BE . Ask specific questions and those that can help will help. Very helpful bunch on here.
Mandy
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

pleeeeeeeeseeeeee!!!
Welcome. You will find that there are many different visas and timelines depending on the individual. We found this site fabulous for all sorts of info, advice and help. Wishing you the best of luck.
Lesleym.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE

You will find lots of help here, but we need some idea of what you want to know. Have you had your skills assessed yet?, if not what is the profession you are applying under?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:41 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

As much fun as it is to think about getting away for good. Its mentaly hard, well thats my current experience. I am doing it on my own though.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
As much fun as it is to think about getting away for good. Its mentaly hard, well thats my current experience. I am doing it on my own though.

It's like that for us all I think. So many ups and downs in this process, not to mention stress and waiting.

That's one great thing about this site though, there is always someone going through the same thing that can support you through it.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Hello
Thanks for all your replies, I didnt think anyone would reply!
My partner is a bricklayer and he is going under the skilled visa. We want to get out there asap, so would you suggest using an agent? did anyone manage to do it without one?
If anyone has any experiences that they can share with me that would be great.
Thanks to you all
xxxxxMichelle
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi there

Only 16 days till you go to OZ? wow good luck
xx
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hello
My partner is a bricklayer and he is going under the skilled visa. We want to get out there asap, so would you suggest using an agent? did anyone manage to do it without one?
Thanks to you all
xxxxxMichelle
if your partner is under 40 and has all the correct certificates then i would not waste my money on an agent . all the forms are on the dimia website and if your not sure about anything just put a post on here and someone will help u good luck
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:12 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by raven
if your partner is under 40 and has all the correct certificates then i would not waste my money on an agent . all the forms are on the dimia website and if your not sure about anything just put a post on here and someone will help u good luck
I agree with the above. We started using an Agent and wasn't impressed and got a refund. At the end of the day you have to fill in forms so you may as well get them done yourself.

The only thing i would say is get an agent to do an application checking services, very useful to get another pair of eyes before it all goes off and silly mistakes can be costly.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hello
Thanks to you all
xxxxxMichelle

Hi Michelle,

We used an agent and I would again. They make it a lot easier especially for the TRA, they check it all through to make sure it's all going to pass. But most of the work is done yourself so it's really up to you if you want to pay an agent or not.

The main application is a lot easier, the hard bit being the waiting. A few months can feel like a year !!.

Good Luck with it all whatever you decide and if you have any questions just ask.

And yes, we fly to Oz in 16 days
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Max77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for a defacto spouse visa which of course is far less difficult than skilled migration. But my girlfriend and I were thinking about hiring an agent too. But after reading all the booklets and the forms it was just a matter of being very precise and carefull and read back everything we write down to make sure it is correct.
We had no problem and got the visa.

Good luck to you!!

Grtz,
Max
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:39 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I would have found it hard going if I had of done it myself. However with experience I would now confidently do the whole thing myself.(except for the bits involving spelling)

Its the little things like "oh I will send my meds with the app that'll help speed it up". With experience you find out thats not the case and could lead to a whole heap of trouble down the line with validation dates etc.

My advice: ask 6 million questions on here, make the search function your friend and be prepared for a long wait with a mountain of paper work that YOU have to collect and provide.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: How easy is the visa process?

Thanks Wendy I will. Are you nervous at all about your move? Have you been to Oz before?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We are only just starting off with the whole process too at the moment. We are using an agent to help us. At the moment we are collecting everything for my husband's skills assessment. Our agent has told us that the process is likely to take about 12 months altogether.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.