Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How does Oz compare to USA?

How does Oz compare to USA?

Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DavidT
Badge, I have enjoyed your posts, I even defended you when you upset someone last week. Frasier not funny how can you say that. its the dogs / Eddie's danglers, you need a glass of wine & put your feet up to watch it.
Even my missus laughed twice aloud when we watched it, so proof if it were ever needed.
Sixth best comedy of all time, my first for link up, continuity innocence, sophistication ah (see how ya missed it now).
Keep Friends outta comedy they have, ran around 4 series too long. Frasier for president, & no come backs even with a latte.
No No No doesn't even come close.
Kath and Kim all the way (no canned laugh track there)
Attached Thumbnails How does Oz compare to USA?-kath-kim.jpg  
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:57 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by aussie bloke
No No No doesn't even come close.
Kath and Kim all the way (no canned laugh track there)
They Kel is not wearing his grey leather jacket.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
hey Kel is not wearing his grey leather jacket.

Don't you mean "leather look" jacket !

still has the matching shoes though (with zips) lol
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:15 am

Don't you mean "leather look" jacket !

still has the matching shoes though (with zips) lol
He has been shopping and now has a grey leather jacket with 2 tones. I am sure they sell them somewhere round western sydney.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
He has been shopping and now has a grey leather jacket with 2 tones. I am sure they sell them somewhere round western sydney.

Hi bondipom thanks for the fashion tip, do you know where I can get a matching "Man Bag" for my new jacket ?

be sure to watch me on thursday night ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/
Attached Thumbnails How does Oz compare to USA?-kel.jpg  
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:17 am

Hi bondipom thanks for the fashion tip, do you know where I can get a matching "Man Bag" for my new jacket ?

be sure to watch me on thursday night ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/
Probably Best & Less or Kmart. It was a sad day when coogee went bust.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Owieb.
I will let my son have a look at those websites.

Could i ask though are the dives safe what with sharks and all that?

Diane

Originally posted by owieb
Well in Perth there is adventure world, http://www.adventureworld.net.au/ not been myself so can't comment. And Hillarys has a water park at the marina, which consists of about 4 slides! Not quite your wet 'n' wild, but probably good fun for the young ones!

Scuba diving there is lots of. They are opening a special dive park off the coast in Rockingham where there are a few wrecks. Otherwise if you get the chance to go up to Exmouth and Coral Bay around April-September you can go diving with whale sharks and manta rays!

You also have cables water ski park which is great fun and well worth a visit http://www.holiday-wa.net/cableski.htm
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How does Oz compare to USA?

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Having just returned from two weeks in sunny Florida husband is now saying why didn't we apply to migrate to USA instead of Australia.

He has never been 100% behind the idea to move to Oz and he now tells me he thinks he would prefer to move to Florida.

This was our 4th visit to Florida and loves the way of life and the climate in Florida amongst other things.

We also had a quick look at house prices whilst we were there and they look on a par to house prices in Oz.

Can anybody comment on how Oz compares to the Florida.

Please tell me that if he loves sunny Florida that he will love Oz, I am trying so hard to convince him that we are making the right move.

Thanks
Diane

Diane,
u have made the best choice in my opinion as when on holiday is v differrent from living....there is NO comparison btw Perth and Florida - i can go on for ages but put it this way I have a cousin who lived in Orlando and also had a beach house for about 10 years and has moved to Perth and says that was the best thing ever! Please do not regret your decision!!!!!!!!!!! u dont need theme parks when u have such beautiful nature!!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:45 pm
owieb

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Thanks for the info Owieb.
I will let my son have a look at those websites.

Could i ask though are the dives safe what with sharks and all that?

Diane
Here is an excerpt from a recent shark report that was published:

It has been asserted that the risk of shark attack is extremely low. On average, there is less than one fatal shark attack in Australian waters per year while 77 people died from drowning in the surf in the period from July 2000 to June 2001.

Worldwide, more people die each year from bee stings and lightning strikes than are killed by sharks. The Natal Sharks Board in South Africa has reported that in the last 20 years only nine people have lost their lives to shark attack on the South African coast, whereas in 1996 alone, some 85 persons drowned at sea.

In Western Australia there have been 51 recorded shark attacks since 1803 of which 11 were fatal (see Appendix 1). Of the fatalities, only three, one of which was in the Swan River, have occurred in the metropolitan area. That is, one fatality in every 66 years since recording commenced. Of the non-fatal attacks, 5
have occurred along the metropolitan beaches (ie 1 in approximately every 40 years), 6 in the Swan River and 6 out to sea as far as Rottnest Island. The frequency of attacks (both fatal and non-fatal) along the metropolitan beaches is one in approximately every 28 years. In contrast, 20 people drowned in the surf in Western Australia in the period from July 2000 to June 2001.

Hopefully that will put your mind at rest.

On the other hand, if he would like to dive with sharks take a trip to AQWA and you go diving with the sharks in the aquarium!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine has just moved to Florida - and her kids have to take large plastic see-through bags to school, so the teachers can see if they are concealing weapons!!!

Eh?!!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Prestons
A friend of mine has just moved to Florida - and her kids have to take large plastic see-through bags to school, so the teachers can see if they are concealing weapons!!!

Eh?!!!

what a wonderful world we all live in........