Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you get your visa.....................

How do you get your visa.....................

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do you get your visa.....................

How do you get your visa in your passport?
As it is illegal to post a passport from Aus (or so I am told) - I wondered how you got it in.
Do you have to go and collect it from Australia House?

Do they send it with a Pritstick so you can put it in yourself or what?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:24 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you get your visa.....................

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
As it is illegal to post a passport from Aus (or so I am told) - I wondered how you got it in.

hehe Caroline
I posted ours off to Adelaide and they stuck them in and posted them back....simple...or was it London....oo errrr cant remember..
not much use am I??

It tells you on the visa grant letter what to do...dont worry chuck!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:31 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Hey Cas
You're workin hard on your list of jobs to do.
So they do post it back after all, is that the famous yellow envelope???

Ang
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

You situation may be different but we had to go to the Australian embassy in London and they placed it in our passport
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi

You situation may be different but we had to go to the Australian embassy in London and they placed it in our passport
Sounds like a bloody good excuse to head South to me Cas.......

Sorry folks, mustn't hijack threads and definitely no mentioning cheese....
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi

It's a High Commission in London, not an embassy.

The AHC London normally only evidences visas by post, not in person. This is the normal route for most UK applicants to get visas stamped.

However some temporary visas may now be stamped in Australia after arrival. Your letter from DIMIA will have instructions.

Jeremy
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:36 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

A lady from the High Commission in London told me at the Earls Court Expo that you send your passports to them special delivery and include a SAE (also special delivery) and they send them back to you with the visa inside. They used to do a desk service apparently where you could walk in and do it but they don't anymore. (And there was me thinking that Expo was a complete waste of time)
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
A lady from the High Commission in London told me at the Earls Court Expo that you send your passports to them special delivery and include a SAE (also special delivery) and they send them back to you with the visa inside. They used to do a desk service apparently where you could walk in and do it but they don't anymore. (And there was me thinking that Expo was a complete waste of time)
and make sure you keep the tracking number for your Special Delivery SAE. My husband was advised to put it in the same envelope as the passports and we then spent 3 weeks anxiously waiting for them to come back!!! (we thought it would only be a couple of days after reading some of the posts on here, but there was a computer 'glitch' at our case officers end!)