Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

go out at night with a torch!

go out at night with a torch!

Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default go out at night with a torch!

After finding my first red back and turning it into a key ring, I went out just before torch in hand and there are loads of red backs of all different sizes, happily lurking along the pool fencing.
So for all spider phobics me included there are millions of the little blighters. I even found a baby one that has yet to turn that delightful red colour, defo baby red back though so all go out now and if you want to see a red back look along the bottom of your pool fencing. You are bound to find one somewhere.
Jenny
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: go out at night with a torch!

Originally Posted by jensteve
After finding my first red back and turning it into a key ring, I went out just before torch in hand and there are loads of red backs of all different sizes, happily lurking along the pool fencing.
So for all spider phobics me included there are millions of the little blighters. I even found a baby one that has yet to turn that delightful red colour, defo baby red back though so all go out now and if you want to see a red back look along the bottom of your pool fencing. You are bound to find one somewhere.
Jenny
Hi
I think if that had been me you would hear me scream back in the Uk :scared: I'm so scared of spiders. Thanks for the tip :-)
Amanda
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:18 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: go out at night with a torch!

Jenny
Yuk, just the thought of the keyring sends shivers - curious tho, what will you do with the first snake you find hee hee

Sel x
Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Your first lizard could make a good pair of shoes !!!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:26 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need to get the spray from the supermarket or hardware and spray around you house to help.... its about $25 and you spray everywhere and helps to controls bugs and spiders for months.... I HAD to do it for Christina as she said she would just call out some professional insect company to do it while i was out working, and it was one of those guys that told me that this stuff is just as good as what the pros use and did.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Jen the street we are in had to have the snake catcher out yesterday. There where 2 Dugites one in the street and one in our neighbours back garden. Got the one in the street but the neighbours one has gone into a hole and they couldnt get him So looks like there will be alot down here again. Will try and post some piccies of one or 2 this year.
Joanne
Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:46 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Jen the street we are in had to have the snake catcher out yesterday. There where 2 Dugites one in the street and one in our neighbours back garden. Got the one in the street but the neighbours one has gone into a hole and they couldnt get him So looks like there will be alot down here again. Will try and post some piccies of one or 2 this year.
Joanne
Went to a bbq sunday in the vines, there was one of those snakes living in the pool skimmer box, the guy seemed happy to leave it there!!!!! :scared:
Put me off going near the pool.
Jenny
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:59 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Joanne
Oh wow Jo!

If you find one give me a ring as Paul is dying to see a snake. He likes creepy crawlies... urgghhh!

Will catch up soon!
Colleen
xxx
Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:08 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jensteve]After finding my first red back and turning it into a keyring/QUOTE]

Found this pic today, needed a lot more resin that your keyring but couldn't think of a better fete for the peskey blighters!!!! Poetic justice methinks!

D D
Attached Thumbnails go out at night with a torch!-looseat.jpg  
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:07 pm
Moved out bush!

[QUOTE=DollyDaydream]
After finding my first red back and turning it into a keyring/QUOTE]

Found this pic today, needed a lot more resin that your keyring but couldn't think of a better fete for the peskey blighters!!!! Poetic justice methinks!

D D
I would need several tins to do that! I dunno I kinda like my keyring its in the car, I'm now waiting for the next victim to come along. Have seen a suitable candidate on the pool fence. Have also got what I think is a baby red back, its white though where the red should be. Any ideas as to what it was, as its stopped moving.
Jenny