Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do you feel?

View Poll Results: Whats the feeling, now you have your visa?
Cool as a cucumber, me, NO WORRIES MATE.
16.00%
Fine really, the odd tummy churn....
50.00%
Hmm...mixed feelings...quite nervous and 'oh what have we done?'
30.00%
Pooing myself and have invested in brown trousers 'til I get there.
4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

How do you feel?

Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you feel?

Hello!

After waiting a while, all the hopes and dreams, the planning and the plotting, the house doctoring and the shelling out of thousands of pounds, we have got our visas.

Am genuine in the fact that we can't wait to go......the visa process has been a stressful one...but we can't wait to get over there and 'dig in ' and get the real work started.

HOWEVER....( there had to be something, didn't there...! ), although I am MEGA positive for the majority of the time...and also I am SO busy with organising this and sorting that....I do get times when my stomach turns over and I think:

" Oh my god - we DID it, we got our visas!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!!! ",

but there are also times when I get a MAJOR stomach churning feeling. No mind thoughts in particular, I suppose its just nerves....

What have you all been feeling and AM I NORMAL?????
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How do you feel?

Hi hunny
as you know i'd be the first one to say if you are not 110% sure that you really want to go and make a go of it then don't go BUT (always one of them too!) i haven't even got my visa yet and am feeling a bit 'wobbly' in my tummy!
the whole family have been great and i know that there will be lots of tears, think this more than anything has me doing cartwheels!
good to know someone else is in the same frame of mind mate
hugs to you
Rach xxx

by the way 'you NORMAL' - Never!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Rach!

I am as sure as the clouds will rain and the sun will shine, that we will be going, and that we feel we are doing the best for our nippers. My intentions are nothing but honourable and i hope we make it, happy and smelling - sorry, 'smiling'.

But, yes, you are right that the 'goodbyes' are the one thing i think i am dreading above all - I am completely hopeless at the 'goodbye' thing and if i could avoid it then I probably would - chicken or what?!

I suppose it is normal, whatever 'normal' may be.

by the way 'you NORMAL' - Never!!!! [/QUOTE] - thanks for that!!!!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

by the way 'you NORMAL' - Never!!!! [/QUOTE] - thanks for that!!!!!!!

You are more than welcome mate
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Steph,

I had to vote "fine" as my visa process has not yet really got off the ground, but ask me later as they say !

Strange how many people ask if they are normal on here - I am beginning to wonder - after all we do lead a wierd sort of cyber life don't we.

Anyway judging by your previous posts I would say you will be cope admirably. Just feel sorry for any silly blighters heading north of Brisbane :scared:
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

9 weeks til we go and have rollercoaster emotions, its only natural, even though we've both spent quite a bit of time there, its that feeling of goodbyes!!!!! worst time at night and too much time to think, Graham has banned me from watching sad programmes on tv

Looking forward to getting on plane and getting on with it now
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bix
Steph,

I had to vote "fine" as my visa process has not yet really got off the ground, but ask me later as they say !

Strange how many people ask if they are normal on here - I am beginning to wonder - after all we do lead a wierd sort of cyber life don't we.

Anyway judging by your previous posts I would say you will be cope admirably. Just feel sorry for any silly blighters heading north of Brisbane :scared:

Thanks for that Bix!

Not too sure about the north of Brisbane bit tho'!!!!!

You are welcome in Cairns anytime, me old piskey!!!!

By the way - who's Steph?

We're Ste and Leigh - I'm leigh, the non PC illiterate one!!!!!!!

Best wishes, x
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Anjali is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still in the waiting period. I think it becomes more real when we really have to act; moving etc.
So now we are calm, but I am sure that is going to change
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
Thanks for that Bix!

Not too sure about the north of Brisbane bit tho'!!!!!

You are welcome in Cairns anytime, me old piskey!!!!

By the way - who's Steph?

We're Ste and Leigh - I'm leigh, the non PC illiterate one!!!!!!!

Best wishes, x

Oops.
Don't know where I got that one from - it must be Steven or even posh version Stephen then. You can call me the stupid pastyman for revenge

Can't believe you are going to Cairns. Did you not read the report on it last week ?
"Anyone going to Cairns should be aware
<
<
<
<
for their own sanity.

I am going to the thriving community of Pittong but I may pop up there for a holiday someday and say hello
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:39 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Im still at the very beginning, and my poor stomach flops all over the place. I think that's why I'm so addicted to this site. Its a big move! scary:scared: I would hate to do this alone, without all your stories (yes, the good and the bad ones). keeps my feet planted in reality. It helps knowing others are 'not normal' as well.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say totally cool, so I voted the second one.
I've had a VERY occassional tummy churn
But I'll know it'll get a bit more often. Though, with my wedding, it only started on the morning itself....

Other than that: excited! And busy with school/thesis thingy and organising everything (stuff is leaving begginning of June already).

Now, my parents are also thinking of heading back!!!!
But they still have 2 houses to sell, so that would at least take nearly a year! Good thing, because otherwise it would sort of 'ruin' our 'adventure'....
Only problem with if they go too: I would have nothing left to be homesick for in The Netherlands.
But Pascal would... (parents etc (no friends really))
So, what happens if he does? Well, we would have to go back, but then I'd be leaving everything behind!
:scared:

Ah well, luxury problems really.... If we do settle there, and Pascal likes it too, well, it'd be great if my parents and brother (still lives at home, 20) came too.

Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:56 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I am out here already and I STILL get the floppy tummy feeling when I think OMG we've done it!

And speaking of your wedding, Simone, what happened to the piccies? Or did I miss the thread?
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:08 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster

And speaking of your wedding, Simone, what happened to the piccies? Or did I miss the thread?
Here is the thread.
Geez, I couldn't keep it short, as usual! And can't believe I posted so many pics!

Well, enjoy

Old Apr 21st 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Pretty excited cant wait to get on with it all - theres so much to do when we get there .....well finding somewhere to live would be a start -then schools, jobs etc. like you Swifts were off in 9 weeks to Sydney then hope it all falls into place?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.