Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How do I get a 2yr work visa & take my family

How do I get a 2yr work visa & take my family

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

cayne tollett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I get a 2yr work visa & take my family

Hi Everyone. I'm a fully qualified electrician. I've had everything assessed ok by the NZQA, I've had my family medicals all done and police reports. I've just had confirmation yesterday by electrical board in NZ that they will provide me with a Provisional License to work.
Me and my wife & 2 children would now like to get over to NZ on a 2yr work visa if possible. Can anyone let me know if this is a possibility and if so, if I went to NZ house in London would they give us the visa while we are there? If yes to that one, what items do I need to take with me?
Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get a 2yr work visa & take my family

Originally posted by cayne tollett
Hi Everyone. I'm a fully qualified electrician. I've had everything assessed ok by the NZQA, I've had my family medicals all done and police reports. I've just had confirmation yesterday by electrical board in NZ that they will provide me with a Provisional License to work.
Me and my wife & 2 children would now like to get over to NZ on a 2yr work visa if possible. Can anyone let me know if this is a possibility and if so, if I went to NZ house in London would they give us the visa while we are there? If yes to that one, what items do I need to take with me?
Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.
sorry i cant help with any info but as for getting a visa granted the day u visit hmmmmm
youve more chance of winning the lotto.........twice !!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Re: How do I get a 2yr work visa & take my family

Hi, we initially moved to NZ on a 2 yr work visa. husbands prospective boss had to apply first with proof that he could not fill the opsition in NZ or Australia ( sounds like you have that bit sorted ) and then we sent our application thorugh the post - it took around 3 weeks to come back to us. I don't know whether it can be approved while you wait because we didn't take ours to London.
Once in NZ we applied for a student visa so that son could go to school which was very straight forward - also the spouse of the Work visa holder is able to apply for a 2 yr work visa once in NZ without having to have a job offer first - Hope this helps and good luck !