Passports?

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:02 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passports?

Joined this forum a few months ago but have been working away and unable to access
Just a couple of questions for those of you in the know. How long do you need on your passport when it is stamped with your visa. Ours are due to expire between April 2004 and June 2005.
We know we need to renew the ones for this year but hoping to be in Aus by end of year (fingers crossed and all that).
Is there a minimum time you need left on your passport?

Any answers appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passports?

Originally posted by marie66
Joined this forum a few months ago but have been working away and unable to access
Just a couple of questions for those of you in the know. How long do you need on your passport when it is stamped with your visa. Ours are due to expire between April 2004 and June 2005.
We know we need to renew the ones for this year but hoping to be in Aus by end of year (fingers crossed and all that).
Is there a minimum time you need left on your passport?

Any answers appreciated.
It is easier and cheaper to renew ones passports in the UK. I would renew them before going to Australia.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Just sent off for passports today.

Used the Post Office checking service that costs £5 per passport and it gets sent by special courier.

Said the current waiting time is 2 weeks.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:16 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,

Think I'll send them all off together to be renewed then at least I'll know we all have plenty of time left on them.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by marie66
Thanks,

Think I'll send them all off together to be renewed then at least I'll know we all have plenty of time left on them.
I think they will only renew them if they are close to expiring, probably with about 6 months left.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:06 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Bix
Just sent off for passports today.

Used the Post Office checking service that costs £5 per passport and it gets sent by special courier.

Said the current waiting time is 2 weeks.
Hi Bix

Just had mine done and came back in 12 days

phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:09 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The passport office now will give you a credit of up to nine months in your passport to encourage people not to leave it till the last minute.
You can also apply online www.passports.gov.uk
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Bix

Just had mine done and came back in 12 days

phoenixuk2oz
Lady Bix here
Ya, woman at post office did say ours should be back by the 16th March so would be about the same time scale - good ah!

PS got fed up filling out those bl---y forms though

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Amazulu
I think they will only renew them if they are close to expiring, probably with about 6 months left.

I just renewed my daughers passport which doesn't run out for a year and a half but i didn't want all the hassle of renewing from Oz, you can renew it anytime there is not set time close to expiry