Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How difficult is it to get an Australian employer sponsor?

How difficult is it to get an Australian employer sponsor?

Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

doodle is on a distinguished road
Default How difficult is it to get an Australian employer sponsor?

This may have come up before so forgive me, but as I'm new to all this how difficult is it to get an Auzzie employer to sponsor you from abroad? Is it best to register with an Auzzie agency and let them search for a job for you or is this wishful thinking? Do you really have to sell up and jack in your job and hope for the best?
Any advice on this appreciated.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:02 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

i know of people that have been sponsored but its always been a friend of a friend or there company has a sister company down under or sponsored by family that are already there.we looked at jobs to see if they would be interested but it seems unless u are a nurse they dont really do it (nothing against nurses they work bloody hard) but they are in short demand over there.other than that it seems to be a case of do the t.r.a then visas and then medicals which takes quite a bit of time and effort but its worth it i hope as we have just got in but there again i am going of personel experience so it could just be my trades (sheet metal worker and tig welder). i am sure there are a lot on the expats forum who know a great deal more than me.in the last week we have had loads of great advice so good luck and never stop trying jonni boy
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:18 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

There are a few ways of sponsorship being STNI (State Territory Nominated) and ENS (Employer Nominated Scheme)

However, to be nominated for Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) your job title / trade must be on the MODL (Migration Occupations in Demand List).

We are seriously considering going down this route as the visa is granted within 4 months and its cheaper than doing the Skilled Independent visa.

Check: www.immi.gov.au and go to the Sponsor page, it will give you all the details.

Good Luck.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

doodle is on a distinguished road

Cheers,

my husbands job isn't on the MODL list anymore, IT manager, so we will have a look at the other type of visa.

Thanks for the info.