Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How are different visa processed?

View Poll Results: How do you think visa applications are allocated?
Each case officer processes a particular visa type.
60.00%
Each case officer takes the next case out of the pot irrespective of what type it is.
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

How are different visa processed?

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future
Default How are different visa processed?

I was just wondering if anyone had any inside info on how each visa is processed. I have been mulling it over and checking the timeline website and can't seem to see any consistancy in processing times! I understand that designated area and MODL cases are given priority but what about skilled Australian sponsored?

Some have taken 3/4 months with others taking almost the full 50 weeks. Do you think the visas are all put into a pot and it is pot luck which category the next available case office pulls out or do you think that each case officer deals with a specific type of visa category?

Although I feel really sorry for all those who have had their dreams shattered by the 120 points announcment I am now a little worried that they will all transfer to the regional temporary visa route and go in ahead of all the applicants already waiting, inevitably increasing our processing time. I have just sent off for our pc's and booked the meds for May and am now a little worried that it may have been a mistake. I did it because I wanted to cut a little time off our wait and thought if I was really lucky we might sneak into the June rush if they could see all our paperwork was there but I am going to come unstuck if our case goes over 13 months!

So come on guys what do you think? How do you think the cases are distributed?