Reload this Page >

How did this guy get a visa?

How did this guy get a visa?

Old May 18th 2003, 8:55 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BritboyNZ
Well would you expect that fine journalistic establishment(!) The Sun to dig up anything else, Don?!?

I agree with Karawara that a man is innocent until proven guilty. Barrymore may not have been found guilty, however he has paid a heavy price - complete public ostracism and loss of his livelihood in the UK. That in itself is punishment enough, don't you think? Though it seems that some people on this thread let their prejudices get the better of them and think that an innocent man should be persecuted because of what he does in bed. I wasn't at that party that night, neither was anyone else on this forum, so who are we to judge?

Russ.
Up to a point though follow thread and you'll see that I wasn't referring to Barrymore but someone else who I don't want to libel so has remained nameless - though your point would probably apply to this individual too. An obnoxious piece of work who will never now it seems be convicted of anything serious but about whom there is reams and reams of evidence to show that his modus operandi was to get very drunk and go on the sexual rampage, using his fame/ money/ supposed good looks to lure in unsuspecting young girls and force himself on them.

Cheers - Don
Old May 18th 2003, 10:50 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

On a slighly different note its people like Sheik Abu Hanza (the racist with the hook) we should be concentrating on getting rid of.
Old May 18th 2003, 11:28 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

On a slighly different note its people like Sheik Abu Hanza (the racist with the hook) we should be concentrating on getting rid of.
Agreed.
Old May 18th 2003, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you could be right and it wouldn't be the first time but The Sun had a dossier of about 30 girls coming forward complaining about his drunken sexual advances that were tantamount to assault and yes there is something personal involved here too.
The only problem I have with this case is why not one of the girls went to the police prior to the recent allegations. However the amount of evidence seems overwhelming and as you say "there is somthing personal" which gives you further insight into the guy. Having worked in TV it was generally accepted he was a predator, but on the other side of the coin Ulrika does not have the best of reputations.

Makes you wonder how he manages to stay here.
Old May 18th 2003, 2:03 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Abu Hamza AKA The one eyed mullah, is a trully dangerous man, he just keeps on with his incitements to attack american targets non stop, I believe it is this kind of brainwashing that gets the weaker minded idiots to make their suicide attacks, with promises of virgins in heaven and untold riches.
BUT was,nt he ordered out of the country just recently?.

And just on a finishing note, I know I must have come across Bigotted about Barrymore, but it is an emotive issue the one of substance abuse, for me at least.
I really dont care if he is hetro, homo, or Bi, The point for me was he was in a position of trust people respected him from his TV career, Yet he abused that position.
When a person enters a career and it is in the public domain, they should be discreet about their lives behind closed doors, NOT be flaunting it .
And about his character remember he had Copious amounts of Cocaine and Cannabis in his house on the night in question and was,nt charged for that, had he been would he still be allowed a visa with a record for drug related crimes? Even personal use of a class A drug is a crime if you are in possesion.
Old May 18th 2003, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

he is in the process of having his british citizenship withdrawn as an undesirable with the view of being deported..

however
you are falling into the trap of thinking suicide bombers are 'brainwashed' and 'idiots'

a lot of the s.b'ers are in fact educated middle class people and hence don't fall into the catagory you assmue for them..

this is part of the problem,

it's all to easy for us -and indeed comfortable- to believe that they are 'idiots' and can be dismissed as 'brainwashed'

..this is far from the truth....

...a lot feel they have a justified reason and resort to suicide bombing as their only way of getting their plight noticed.....

-------------------------------

really dont care if he is hetro, homo, or Bi, The point for me was he was in a position of trust people respected him from his TV career, Yet he abused that position.
---------------------------------

this is just complete tosh...where did he abuse his position...he held gay parties..so what ??
and drink and drugs were involved..whoopie doo...it happens...

barrymore is not the custodian of british morality.

why should 'public' figures be expected to behave in some sort of chaste saintly manner?
where does it say this????

being on the t.v does not make them robots .....
-----------------------------------------

When a person enters a career in the public domain, they should be discreet about their lives behind closed doors, NOT be flaunting it .
----------------------------

okay so is it behind closed doors or being flaunted???? ..it's make your mind up time...

cheers

richard
Old May 18th 2003, 2:59 pm
?????????

He was voted by the PUBLIC for something like 5 years in a row as most popular entertainer on british TV, You seem to miss the point that because you don't put a lot of credence in public personas other people do.
QUOTE:
this is just complete tosh...where did he abuse his position...he held gay parties..so what ??

Well you probably have never heard that some younger people use people in the public eye as "Role Models", but seeing as you have,nt do a search and look up what that means.

okay so is it behind closed doors or being flaunted???? ..it's make your mind up time...
Did you read how Barrymore outed himself? I guess not.

Last edited by paulf; May 18th 2003 at 3:15 pm.
Old May 18th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paulf
He was voted by the PUBLIC for something like 5 years in a row as most popular entertainer on british TV, You seem to miss the point that because you don't put a lot of credence in public personas other people do.
QUOTE:

Well you probably have never heard that some younger people use people in the public eye as "Role Models", but seeing as you have,nt do a search and look up what that means.
--------------------------------

perhaps if you had read my post you would have understood that i do indeed know that there are people sad enough to use public figures are 'role models'..

so it's barrymores' 'fault' that other people put credence on his persona??
my question is why would anyone need to 'look up' to as a 'role model' any cheekie cherpie chapie -or lassie for that matter?

prehaps these people should look to their own self and ask -

"why am I so sad that I need an 'all round entertainer in the bruce forsythe mold' to tell me how to look/think/feel/behave???"
------------------------------

Did you read how Barrymore outed himself? I guess not.

-----------------------------

i thought you didn't mind barrymores sexuality??

again it's make your mind up time..

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; May 18th 2003 at 3:36 pm.
Old May 18th 2003, 7:03 pm
?????????

Richard, I never said YOU used him or even needed a role model.
But the fact is SOME people do, in this case the old dears were probably more shocked than most.
And I really don't care about his sexuality but you said make your mind up about is he Flauting it or behind closed doors, and I simply asked did you know how he outed himself?. that is my answer to make your mind up time.
I,ll tell you if you can't find it on the web.
But that will end it as far as I,m concerned It's becoming abit boring.
Old May 18th 2003, 7:25 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
The only problem I have with this case is why not one of the girls went to the police prior to the recent allegations. However the amount of evidence seems overwhelming and as you say "there is somthing personal" which gives you further insight into the guy. Having worked in TV it was generally accepted he was a predator, but on the other side of the coin Ulrika does not have the best of reputations.
Put yourself in the position of the girls. They were probably tipsy or drunk, happy early on with a bit of joshing and flirting, a bit of kissing and canoodling and suddenly it all goes more serious they're back at the hotel/ flat and this big strong drunk automaton isn't on full pilot and is doing things to them they'd rather not do but by that time what the hell can they do to get out of the situation because he doesn't seem to understand English let alone 'no' - better go limp.

And would you voluntarily put yourself in the dock to be called a loose woman etc and all your previous relationships thrown at you as a challenge to your claim you said 'no' to this guy? Better shut up and forget it. Lots of people saw you earlier on the evening when everything seemed fine.

Not very surprising they didn't come forward, IMO.

Cheers - Don
Old May 18th 2003, 7:29 pm
?????????

This info is now in the Public domain so Just name him.
Old May 18th 2003, 7:32 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by paulf
This info is now in the Public domain so Just name him.
Don't want a libel suit on my hands. He says he's sueing Channel 5. Ulrika never named her rapist. Anyone else tempted - be very caredful, libel laws are harsh.

Cheers - Don
Old May 18th 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Put yourself in the position of the girls. They were probably tipsy or drunk, happy early on with a bit of joshing and flirting, a bit of kissing and canoodling and suddenly it all goes more serious they're back at the hotel/ flat and this big strong drunk automaton isn't on full pilot and is doing things to them they'd rather not do but by that time what the hell can they do to get out of the situation because he doesn't seem to understand English let alone 'no' - better go limp.

And would you voluntarily put yourself in the dock to be called a loose woman etc and all your previous relationships thrown at you as a challenge to your claim you said 'no' to this guy? Better shut up and forget it. Lots of people saw you earlier on the evening when everything seemed fine.

Not very surprising they didn't come forward, IMO.
I tend to agree with your point Don,