Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whatever anyone says

whatever anyone says

Old May 17th 2003, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

pixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool whatever anyone says

I want to say that I am really looking forward to my forthcoming move to Australia (6 weeks two days and counting). I am of reasonably sound mind, my happiness is not really by the amount of money I have in the bank if the OZ dollar - GBP rises great, if not okay.

I have waited almost three years from the start of my application to the move out there and I cannot wait for another chapter in my life to start.

I am a child protection social worker in an inner city area and there is not much about the depravity of society that I have not come across in the last twenty years.

But life is for living and my husband and I have no great expectations that OZ will make us happy, we are already happy, but that doesn't mean you can't move around and take advantage of new experiences that the world has to offer, be it good and bad.

For those who feel the need to 'nanny' over the rest of us with your version of doom and gloom, if that makes you happy long may you continue, but for those of you who like myself do not allow such negatives to dissuade the excitement of migration then lets bask in the sunshine of knowing our own minds and the anticipation of new things to come.

Love to you all

Pixie

Last edited by pixie; May 17th 2003 at 4:45 pm.
Old May 17th 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Pixie my thoughts too
Tori
Old May 17th 2003, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post Pixie, hope it all works out for you.
Old May 17th 2003, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Pixie. You seem to have a good outlook on your forthcoming move. I hope it is everything you are looking for.

Regards
Karl.
Old May 17th 2003, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whatever anyone says

Originally posted by pixie
I want to say that I am really looking forward to my forthcoming move to Australia (6 weeks two days and counting). I am of reasonably sound mind, my happiness is not really by the amount of money I have in the bank if the OZ dollar - GBP rises great, if not okay.

I have waited almost three years from the start of my application to the move out there and I cannot wait for another chapter in my life to start.

I am a child protection social worker in an inner city area and there is not much about the depravity of society that I have not come across in the last twenty years.

But life is for living and my husband and I have no great expectations that OZ will make us happy, we are already happy, but that doesn't mean you can't move around and take advantage of new experiences that the world has to offer, be it good and bad.

For those who feel the need to 'nanny' over the rest of us with your version of doom and gloom, if that makes you happy long may you continue, but for those of you who like myself do not allow such negatives to dissuade the excitement of migration then lets bask in the sunshine of knowing our own minds and the anticipation of new things to come.

Love to you all

Pixie

Fantastic post - couldn't have put it better
Old May 17th 2003, 5:44 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Spot on Pixie Blue skys for your future
Old May 17th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well Said Pixie

Wow - Not long for you - Bet your real excited inside!

I am only 20 but will move to Oz in approx 10 weeks !

Life is for living - and I intend to do as much as possible to make it a good life for me/my fioncee and our future sproggs.

Good luck to you - where do you plan on staying?

I will be staying with my mother in law in Noosa (little cove).

Nice Views .....

Cheers

Anthony
Old May 17th 2003, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

pixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well Said Pixie

Hello You positive people out there,

I knew we were not alone, its great to hear from you, I am off to Western Australia, not sure where we will settle yet, which is all part of the fun,

do we expect some stress ahead? yes we do, are we bothered by that?....no not really.

It has been such a long wait it is hard to get too excited, the plane tickets are booked but I think it will really hit home when I am packing my toothbrush (everything else has been packed for months) when I think about it I am thrilled to have the opporuinty to do something different, but we have both worked hard for it too.

I am not a negative person by nature I think life is what you make it and I intend to have lots of fun and happy times ahead of me.

I know that all you positive people will be tingling with anticipation at your furture opportunities in OZ, if it is not forever for everyone then that is okay.

Some people just see the negative things about other people and about life and that has nothing to do with geography.

I am lucky, I know I am and I am grateful for it.

Pixie
Old May 17th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for the post Pixie, you sound a similar mindset to my husband and I. I really hope things work out for you and if not enjoy the adventure anyway.

Some people that use this site seem to get so hyped up about whether it is better in this way or that. For me I just want a change of scenery, we are happy here but have itchy feet for something new. How boring life would be if we just sat still all the time!!

Keep posting!
Old May 17th 2003, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pixie,

Thats far too much positiveness for this forum, the bashers will come out guns a blazin. !!

But you seem to have the right attitude to make it work for you.

If you smile the whole world smiles with you.

Except of course that woman in the local spar shop. !! Well is there not one in every spar shop.
Old May 17th 2003, 11:23 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pixie

Love to you all

Pixie
A postive ,outlook just what this country needs, sombody who looks out side the SQUARE........mm pre pare for monday when pb gets to his "pooter"
Old May 18th 2003, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Great post Pixie,
We leave for Oz in 8 days times we know that we are in for a stressful time, getting settled etc, but as you say life is for living. We have been in the process of saying goodbye to alot of dear friends who we will miss, but they want us to live our dream. And if things don't work then we can move on. We would rather say we tried it than sit there wondering.
We are also very grateful to have the opportunity!!!

thanks Yve

8 days to go!!!!!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 18th 2003, 9:40 am
Just Joined

jayneT is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Pixie

I thought your post was great and just wanted to wish you luck.
Also best of luck to you all who are off to Oz in the near future. Hopefully my husband, kids and I will be there soon too - if someone would buy our house

Jayne
Old May 18th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Hi, you have the right frame of mind. If you are like me and see the good side of everything you will be fine. Been here for just over a year now and I honestly have no regrets what so ever. It was like I was coming home. I had always had a soft spot for Aus but never really knew anything about it, now I'm here I feel like I have a whole lot more of livng to do.

For all you people that are coming out here soon, once you are here and settled, everyday things just seem so much easier and it kind of makes you just want to enjoy life and get on with it. I think the hard part is going through the immigration application and getting organised, everything else is a breeze.

Mandy
Old May 18th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Mandy you are very down to Earth and have a positive outlook - much like myself. I hope this means it will all be a breeze for us as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.