Reload this Page >

How clear cut is it

How clear cut is it

Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

symzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How clear cut is it

Hi

Sorry if I'm asking a question you've answered 100 times but I want to get something clear so I can go to plan B

I've done one of these online assesmaents and I get 110 points.... what a bummer!

If I got an agent would they help me or is 110 points a definate non starter. I think it's diificult because I'm over 35 (I'm 38)

I've got 4 years experience in IT + MCSE + CCNA + HNC

What about long term visas

What do think my chances are in getting there

If I have to give up on Australia, what other countries would you recommend that might be easier

Thanks for any advice in advance

Symzie
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How clear cut is it

You can buy an extra 5 points by investing $100k for a year in Oz nominated investment, if you can spare it? You don't have to find the money till the very last stage of the visa.

Mash..

Originally posted by symzie
Hi

Sorry if I'm asking a question you've answered 100 times but I want to get something clear so I can go to plan B

I've done one of these online assesmaents and I get 110 points.... what a bummer!

If I got an agent would they help me or is 110 points a definate non starter. I think it's diificult because I'm over 35 (I'm 38)

If I have to give up on Australia, what other countries would you recommend that might be easier

Symzie
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mashiraz

You took 3 minutes to answer, what's up mate, feeling sluggish?

!00 big ones, I think thats all I've got to my name after I sell my flat, I wouldn't have much left. But thanks for the idea

Cheers mate

Symzie
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Symzie
Hi,

We are over 35 too, we are getting the extra 5 points by putting up the investment (AU$100K). We are not guaranteed the 5 points for spouse skills because I took a year out to start my own business and there is no ASCO code for what I did. Crazy I have 17 years work experience in my field, with a degree etc, but because my recent work experience is only 20 months of the last 36 months, with the rest in my business, our agent advised that we couldn't claim the points

The agent we are using got back to us via e-mail and took more details after the free on-line assessment, he was generally willing to help in whichever way he could to give the best info before we had to part with any money. In fact he wouldn't take the case unless he was almost 100% certain he would be able to get the visa for us.

Don't lose hope, there are ways and means ...

Hazel.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

for state nomination you only need the pool mark, so are fine with 110 points.

I don't know what the situation is like for STNI in the IT fields

Where were you planning on heading?
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, a bit slow tonight, not feeling too good (got flu!)
I'll try harder in future obviously

Mash...
Thanks mashiraz

You took 3 minutes to answer, what's up mate, feeling sluggish?

!00 big ones, I think thats all I've got to my name after I sell my flat, I wouldn't have much left. But thanks for the idea

Cheers mate

Symzie
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel

Good luck with it, it seems a shame that once you have all that experience in your feild, it doesn't work in your favour. When you say $100,000 investment, do you get it back?

HazelG

I haven't thought that much about what state, I've been to all of them except WA and Tasmania, I would consider any state to be honest. What states would be the easiest?

Thanks to all

Symzie

Last edited by symzie; Apr 1st 2003 at 7:56 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rudy

Good luck with it, it seems a shame that once you have all that experience in your feild, it doesn't work in your favour. When you say $100,000 investment, do you get it back?

HazelG

I haven't thought that much about what state, I've been to all of them except WA and Tasmania, I would consider any state to be honest. What states would be the easiest?

Thanks to all

Symzie
if you want to try the STNI route then you would have to look into SA, Vic or Tasmania
Old Apr 1st 2003, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria? That's suprising you would have thought that Melbourne would be over flowing with people wanting to move there

Interesting, thanks
Old Apr 1st 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria? That's suprising you would have thought that Melbourne would be over flowing with people wanting to move there

Interesting, thanks

check out www.migration.vic.gov.au
www.immigration.sa.gov.au

for the respective occupations in demand lists

good luck!!
Old Apr 1st 2003, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you get the $100,000 (£40k-odd) back after 1 year - with interest.

HTH.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 6:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrladyboy
Yes, you get the $100,000 (£40k-odd) back after 1 year - with interest.

HTH.
Don't forget to shop around for the best deal as all the approved banks give differing rates of interest payments. Do a search on the forum as I seem to remember someone quoting the rates for each state and territory.
Good luck
Sean
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 6:51 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Symzie.

Sorry, my reply is definitely not as quick as mash's ... but take a look here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#05

Note that the 457-IE route isn't available any more (website is to be updated ...).

Best regards.

Hi

Symzie
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

HowardB is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried looking at the CISSP exam to get the 5 bonus points for MODL.

I also work in IT (MCSE CCNP etc) and the CISSP is a fairly easy exam to pass if you have worked in IT for a while. It is all to do with security but is very straight forward.

Might be worth thinking about.

While I'm hear I'm not sure what IT jobs are like in Aus. I have been searching and there doesn't seem to be much around.

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:24 am
Just Joined

bostromus is an unknown quantity at this point

Symzie,

I do not know if this information is of any help to you(depending if your skill is on the occupation in demand list), but here is a section of a bulletin sent to me and my girlfriend by our migration agent.

SKILLED MIGRATION CHANGES – EFFECTIVE 1ST JULY 2003

The Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) will increase the points for people who's occupations are on the MODL (occupation in demand list) list at the time of assessment from 5 to 10 points from 1/7/2003.

This is certainly good news for those people who receive the points. However, it is not good at all for those people who will be affected should the occupation come off the MODL list during the processing of their application up to the points allocation stage. That is, if your occupation is on the list when you lodge your application but is taken off the list prior to visa grant then you will not receive the points.

I believe that this increase in the points allocation will allow more people to be eligible under the Skilled Category. However, I can also see the Immigration Minster taking occupations off the list (as a mechanism to stop an oversupply of an occupation).

Hope this is of some help.

Bostromus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.