Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Here's what we all need!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...66696932_n.jpg

1Gb in 6 seconds ...

Cost for such a service??? ... $15US pm
from where?

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:39 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Takes the piss that. Im running 11mb at the moment for £16 a month..
I'm running 13mbps (which is irrelevant really) WITH a 200gb cap (yep, you've never heard of them!) for what would be $100pm, now THAT takes the piss!

$100 currently = £67.50

Backward Australia at it's best i'm afraid, get ready for it if you're heading south!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm running 13mbps (which is irrelevant really) WITH a 200gb cap (yep, you've never heard of them!) for what would be $100pm, now THAT takes the piss!

$100 currently = £67.50

Backward Australia at it's best i'm afraid, get ready for it if you're heading south!
I'm on 400 gigs @ 17 mbps from IInet for 89 bucks per month. Then I add unlimited phone calls anywhere (well 70 countries) plus 500 mins of mobile or 150 calls per month with pennytel for 19 bucks per month.. no line rental.

TPG do unlimited download for 69 bucks...and all Aus phone and 200 mins of international inclusive. Not sure what there speed would be at my house... but it should be at least 15 Mbps. Pennytel can be added to that account as well.

Basically everyone should be using either IInet... TPG or Internode

IInet are incredibly good for the consumer because they stuck it right up the Movie Moguls and will not divulge their customers details to outside interests.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:57 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Then go 'wired' !!

Give us the nod and i'll pop down and run you a new data point from A - B if you want?
Thanks for the offer but it's not a big priority here, as I type we probably have less than half the digital TV channels we could have thanks to a dodgy aerial. No ABC Anything for instance.

It's quite liberating actually.

When we get that sorted (finances) I'll run an ethernet cable from PC to TV and we'll enter the 20th Century

Save the time and petrol and donate to the Pink charity in my sig if you like (gawd I'm on the hard sell now)
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I've got a good setup going...

1) Hide my Ass VPN - http://www.hidemyass.com/ client running on PC giving me a US IP address.
2) Playon streaming software - http://www.playon.tv/playon running on same PC.
3) Netgear EVA9150 media player can see Playon which I was amazed and delighted with as it's not the greatest at this sort of thing.
4) Watching HULU at very passable quality on the plasma.

Next step open a Netflix account followed by cancelling Foxtel.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Basically everyone should be using either IInet... TPG or Internode

IInet are incredibly good for the consumer because they stuck it right up the Movie Moguls and will not divulge their customers details to outside interests.
I've heard TPG are terrible to deal with, iiNet & Internode I can vouch for.

I'm a Visionstream contractor so deal with most ISP's (excluding TPG) and iiNet by far seem the best. Have used Internode so know they're good!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

desperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nice

Google hackedcabletv.com

Follow the instructions to add the plugins to your windows media player - get all sky sports, iplayer, c4 etc and its all FOC
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:50 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
So what rate should the upload & download kB/S be approx??
On a good torrent I'll get up to 1.5Mb/s - but on the 'series in a box' torrent that tend to be less busy more like 600 - 700Kb/s...
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Torrent client I use is uTorremt and most of my content is found via a private tracker (www.xspeeds.com). I have plenty of invites and am happy to share if you send me your email address. It takes a while to build up a good positive ratio, but it can be done if you're smart and load lots of small files (ebooks or small apps are good for this) and use bonus points to 'buy' uploads.
If its SOA you're after try EzTv. No sign ups, no ratios, just grab what you want and go! Quality and dl speeds are good too. I've watched all 4 series now, I am hanging out for series 5!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Sweden.

Guy said (dunno if true) 100meg lines are 'the norm' over there.

(not jelous much)

Originally Posted by desperately
Google hackedcabletv.com

Follow the instructions to add the plugins to your windows media player - get all sky sports, iplayer, c4 etc and its all FOC
Best tip i've had on here ... cheers!

Currently flicking thru all the UK channels, US, and whatever else!

Seems a lil hit and miss as to what will play, but so far well impressed! ...

Call me sad, but even 5 mins of UK adverts is a decent watch ...
Old Feb 4th 2012, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Currently flicking thru all the UK channels
A lil sample, Sky News live on me desktop ...

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

desperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nicedesperately is just really nice

Glad its helped.

Its nice to watch sky sports too
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:02 pm

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseR
If its SOA you're after try EzTv. No sign ups, no ratios, just grab what you want and go! Quality and dl speeds are good too. I've watched all 4 series now, I am hanging out for series 5!
Eztv has good content -but being a public tracker is 'unsafe'. I've got more positive ratio with xspeeds than I could ever need so don't have to think about it!

....and SOA S4 is just sitting waiting for me to watch it
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard TPG are terrible to deal with, iiNet & Internode I can vouch for.

I'm a Visionstream contractor so deal with most ISP's (excluding TPG) and iiNet by far seem the best. Have used Internode so know they're good!
TPG have worthless customer service... but their product is good.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
TPG have worthless customer service... but their product is good.
If you have to 'deal with' your ISP you are doing it wrong! TPG direct debit the correct amount from my account every month, and I have had good fast Internet for all but about 4 days of the last decade (small issue of a construction worker putting a backhoe through the phone line). Changes to my plan can be made via website....

Who needs customer service gimps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.