Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can I pay the Australian police from UK?

How can I pay the Australian police from UK?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

chosmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I pay the Australian police from UK?

Hello,
I have a strange question. I need to get a police check from the Australian Fedral Police. All good, I have downloaded the form and filled it out. It will cost AU$43. But it says they only accept cheques in Australian dollars from an Australian bank or and Australian Money order..... But im not in Australia and i dont have an Australian cheque book... im in the UK and i need to get this in the post by tomorrow. Hmm. Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks
Brad
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I pay the Australian police from UK?

Originally Posted by chosmith
Hello,
I have a strange question. I need to get a police check from the Australian Fedral Police. All good, I have downloaded the form and filled it out. It will cost AU$43. But it says they only accept cheques in Australian dollars from an Australian bank or and Australian Money order..... But im not in Australia and i dont have an Australian cheque book... im in the UK and i need to get this in the post by tomorrow. Hmm. Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks
Brad
Banker's Draft? Just an idea...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. That what I was thinking. I know that you can get cheques made out in foreign currencies from a UK bank. But it says that it must be from an Australian bank or have association with an Australian bank.... very mysterious.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. That what I was thinking. I know that you can get cheques made out in foreign currencies from a UK bank. But it says that it must be from an Australian bank or have association with an Australian bank.... very mysterious.
Most Australian banks are linked to banks around the world. Go to a larger bank in UK and if you ask for an Australian money order it will be drawn on an Aussie bank.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Brilliant thanks. I will do that tomorrow. :-)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

maple_leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

They had a credit card form to fill out as a payment option about 3 years ago. You can check with Australian Federal Police (AFP) web site.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:07 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

the currency trading bit of xe.com will send you a "draft" (i.e. cheque) in AUD that's made out to them if you want.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Hello,

Many thanks
Brad
Get some one you know in australia to pay it for you then you pay them back later.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Do you know anyone here who could help? My cousin needed to do this in December so she sent the forms to me & I wrote an Aussie cheque and sent it off for her.
TJ
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thats a great idea! Thanks. I have an Aussie friend here in the UK i will ask them today. Many thanks guys. Brad