Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Old May 13th 2018, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Is Bruce/Sheila Fearing In Modern Australia?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Seems like you both have the same complaint actually, an acute case of verbal diarrhoea.
Perhaps you would like to contribute to the thread. The topic is worth raising but both of us have differing opinions. Where do you stand?
Old May 14th 2018, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Perhaps you would like to contribute to the thread. The topic is worth raising but both of us have differing opinions. Where do you stand?
This and more. While the poster in question may not be up to speed on subject matter with regards to this thread, they certainly appear well versed in bodily function matters, although damned if I can see just where it fits into this thread. Although far be it to question another's line of expertise regardless of odour left behind.
Old May 15th 2018, 1:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

A while back I posted a link to the state of the states which I was told is not relevant to London???

And then you wonder why people get fed up with the two of you
Old May 15th 2018, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
A while back I posted a link to the state of the states which I was told is not relevant to London???

You replied to a comment about London with an article about Australia.

It was an interesting article, but I did not see any correlation to the comment you were replying to.

Perhaps you replied to the wrong comment. I don't know.
Old May 15th 2018, 11:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You replied to a comment about London with an article about Australia.

It was an interesting article, but I did not see any correlation to the comment you were replying to.

Perhaps you replied to the wrong comment. I don't know.
Perhaps you can't read and understand English.

My first reply was related to the quoted post - the 'Anyway' suggests that I was moving on as a discussion on London has no bearing on Bruce and Sheila!

I shouldn't have to spell this out.

Last edited by old.sparkles; May 15th 2018 at 11:30 pm.
Old May 16th 2018, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps you can't read and understand English.

My first reply was related to the quoted post - the 'Anyway' suggests that I was moving on as a discussion on London has no bearing on Bruce and Sheila!

I shouldn't have to spell this out.
In your mind. Perhaps reply to no one if you are going to change course. Replying to a post means you are commenting on that post.
Old May 16th 2018, 8:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

And some people wonder why the Aus forum is dying.
Old May 16th 2018, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Fed up with you two? What's that about. Sure the thread deviates at times, as threads do, but don't see too many of the whiners on here contributing in a form to keep it on track. Actually I have attempted to open numerous threads from increased vibrancy in Perth to weather in Perth and more between with very limited response to any. I'm not sure if other countries threads are a raging success either. I have contributed to Malaysia and France over recent times and in the past quite a few on the Malta forum. So yes I do wonder why people can't be arsed to respond or at the very least contribute threads beyond inquiries into pay, place considering relocating, or other forms of help. All very well of course but a bit of meat on the bone, in regards to political discourse, economic forecast, issues to consider when moving countries, social issues with the society entering into , along with a host of other things should surely be of interest to at least some peeps on here. Doesn't matter the shade of one's politics as debate is healthy.
But you are correct in as much as hardly worth while if only a two person dialogue. Perhaps the whole thread business is a little passé these times with so many sources of social media outlets available?
Old May 16th 2018, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Still wondering. Please do tell.
Old May 16th 2018, 10:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Fed up with you two? What's that about. Sure the thread deviates at times, as threads do, but don't see too many of the whiners on here contributing in a form to keep it on track. Actually I have attempted to open numerous threads from increased vibrancy in Perth to weather in Perth and more between with very limited response to any. I'm not sure if other countries threads are a raging success either. I have contributed to Malaysia and France over recent times and in the past quite a few on the Malta forum. So yes I do wonder why people can't be arsed to respond or at the very least contribute threads beyond inquiries into pay, place considering relocating, or other forms of help. All very well of course but a bit of meat on the bone, in regards to political discourse, economic forecast, issues to consider when moving countries, social issues with the society entering into , along with a host of other things should surely be of interest to at least some peeps on here. Doesn't matter the shade of one's politics as debate is healthy.
But you are correct in as much as hardly worth while if only a two person dialogue. Perhaps the whole thread business is a little passé these times with so many sources of social media outlets available?
people can't be bothered to respond because a small group of posters has driven almost everyone else way by bickering and arguing in almost every thread. its been a slow, sad demise, but the Aus forum would now appear to be on its last legs. If it were a dog it would've been put down about 2 years ago.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Still wondering. Please do tell.
​​​​​​Every thread is the same assholes arguing the same arguments with the same other assholes. I think Polly summed it up pretty well.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Because you don't start threads about knitting, dog walking, breast enlargements, what ever takes your fancy.

Troubadour, bless him/her, does start some topics which I find appealing.

If you start a topic about knitting, I promise, I won't engage.
Old May 16th 2018, 11:30 pm

In your mind. Perhaps reply to no one if you are going to change course. Replying to a post means you are commenting on that post.
And I did comment on the quoted post.

I then added an 'Anyway' and an additional comment that was unrelated to the quoted post, and relevant to the thread.

SO...

Back to Bruce and Sheila - casual employment, under employment, financial insecurity, very relevant.
Old May 17th 2018, 6:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Every thread is the same assholes arguing the same arguments with the same other assholes. I think Polly summed it up pretty well.
Aw thanks. I think you summed it up pretty well too. Easy to see why this place is dead in the water.
Old May 17th 2018, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
people can't be bothered to respond because a small group of posters has driven almost everyone else way by bickering and arguing in almost every thread. its been a slow, sad demise, but the Aus forum would now appear to be on its last legs. If it were a dog it would've been put down about 2 years ago.
Sorry doesn't wash your comment. People are fully entitled to change direction of a thread, to disagree or agree, or shock horror even start their own. Surely not everybody is so passive and/or unable to respond or have no ideas with regards starting their own thread. I have attempted to lift the Australia Forum but to little success. Some of those complaining now have not contributed to any outside of our Perth/Canadian friend. Hence I do not accept your comment as having a lot of substance. Why don't some of those 'regulars' contribute? Anyway, while I won't completely withdraw I think I will attempt to add live to threads in the European and Malaysian theatre and see if any greater success. f course no longer living in those countries makes a contribution harder as it is not on the ground press of the press sort of stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.