Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How bad can it get?

How bad can it get?

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Unhappy How bad can it get?

My sister is terminally ill with breast, liver, lung, bone and brain cancer, it seems unbelieveable that one person could be so unfortunate to get so many secondaries, I won't ever see her again. She can now barely walk, is having morphine. She is only 40.

And its all too much, I've completely lost it today, completely stressed out, can't make sense of any thoughts, why this on top of everything and as some of you will know my MIL is having investigations as well. I go back to work Monday after 6 weeks off, only sleeping 4 hours a night.
Still waiting for the exchange of contracts.
AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I've had enough!!!!!!!No more stress
Sorry to off load hope I haven't depressed you all too much.
Nicola
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

lippy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How bad can it get?

That's so sad.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:05 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
My sister is terminally ill with breast, liver, lung, bone and brain cancer, it seems unbelieveable that one person could be so unfortunate to get so many secondaries, I won't ever see her again. She can now barely walk, is having morphine. She is only 40.

And its all too much, I've completely lost it today, completely stressed out, can't make sense of any thoughts, why this on top of everything and as some of you will know my MIL is having investigations as well. I go back to work Monday after 6 weeks off, only sleeping 4 hours a night.
AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola
My thoughts with you at this most difficult time.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola that is absolute shitty pooey .......

I have no words that are of any use at all except mouth off as much as you like on here - sod depressing us, that doesn't matter one bit.

Work might be a help

Bugger sorry. Thinking of you.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:09 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola
Nicola i've Pm'ed you,

Lynn xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:37 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:44 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola
Hi Nicola,
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. Life sucks sometimes eh?
Unfortunately I know just where you are coming from. About 3 weeks ago I posted on here saying that my aunt in Brisbane (who is also our sponsor), discovered that she had liver and pancreatic cancer. She is 56. The docs were positive and my spirits lifted after getting loads of support from the guys on here. She started her chemo immediately and she told us that she was responding well to it.
Well, about 2 hours ago, I picked up her daughter-in-law from Heathrow. She is here on a business trip. We asked after my aunt and she told us that her cancer is actually terminal and so far advanced that nothing can be done for her except make her as comfy as possible. My mum flies out next week to see her, together with their youngest sister, but she doesn't know yet just how bad it is. My aunt wants to tell her herself when they arrive.
I'll be seeing my mum in a little while and I'm not sure how I'm gonna face her knowing what I know. She has already lost another sister to the disease.
Also, I'm dreading getting out there myself this time next year and she may not be there to meet me and the family. I was so looking forward to her being my "surrogate mum".
As far as out visa application goes... well I can't even think about that at the moment and am having serious doubts about whether I want to go out there anymore. My aunt isn't the main reason I wanted to go but she comes pretty close to the top of the list, and I know it won't be the same out there without her.
So Nicola, please be assured that there are loads of people who are thinking of you, and they don't mind you offloading your troubles on here.
Thinking of you all.
Julie X
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:08 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola
Very Sorry
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola
I am so sorry. Thoughts are with you.
Sharon.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:12 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are with with you both, Nicola and Julie at this difficult time,

Angela x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:14 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

to nicola and julie, and for anybody else out there who have loved ones who are poorly.......so very sorry.

thinking of you, especially with everything else that is going on. it is stressful enough migrating, but with added extras like house selling problems it can be a nightmare. so on top of that, a family member so poorly

like it has been said, off load on here sometimes, it might help a little bit?....
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:19 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nicola that is absolute shitty pooey .......

I have no words that are of any use at all except mouth off as much as you like on here - sod depressing us, that doesn't matter one bit.

Work might be a help

Bugger sorry. Thinking of you.

what she said ^^^^^^^^
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG
my heart and thoughts are with you honey,
I am eternally grateful that I am still here at 38 and believe me sometimes I moan that much I feel I shouldn't be.
I hope everything goes well for you and I wish your sister a pain free life while she is here.
Bless
Hugs n Stuff Lace x
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:32 pm
Professional Princess

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Nicola

You poor thing.

You have everything to deal with all at once and its not fair.

I dont think there is anything any of us can say to make things easier for you.

You cannot change what will happen just if you can, phone her and tell her everything you have ever meant to but never had the courage perhaps. You don't often realise how much you love a person until a crises.

And you can never tell a person how much you care, often enough.

That is all you can do for you sister. As for your MIL, the investigations will happen, diagnosis made and treatment given.

Concentrate on your sister and dont forget that you need to look after yourself too.

By existing on so little sleep, you are going to run on empty. Try and I know its hard, to get more sleep. When you go to work, do what you can and dont push yourself.

The contracts will exchange as you say.

But put it in this order;

You - your health, you need to be strong to deal with what you have to.

Your sister - tell her you love her and tell her again.

Your family - treasure them, be there where possible for MIL.

Contracts - well that will happen

Work - Do what you can but make sure they understand your situation.

And finally, you are not alone, there is always someone on line and if you ever wanted a private chat, email me. Anytime.

Take care

Love Samantha

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Thank you, for all your kind replies, its so good to know that there is so much support at such a difficult time. I have friends helping me with my year old son and to help me prioritise what I have to do as we are moving out of the house in 2 weeks. Realising you need help is one of the hardest things.
Thanks again,
Paul and Nicola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.