475,000 to 680,000, moving into nice house territory
31.19%
675,000 upwards, normally 2nd home territory,
22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Housing how much ?

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:14 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing how much ?

I'm starting to think I must be mad to consider emigrating.

We'll need a mortgage of about $350,000 just to get an average house well outside of Melbourne.

I estimate our combined income will be $100,000 but we will have to pay for after school and holiday care in order for us both to work
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Further comparison of Two Cities London and Melbourne....

A house very close to me, will probably fetch Aud 520,000 I would guess, definitely over 500,000 as the place has been swarming with people.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1193129733

2 bedrooms, on a very small block.

[/url]

The house in melbourne, whats happening down there sounds like everthing goes about 15 - 20% over the asking price, and look at the house, tiny!! and the neighbours house is almost on top of it

Knew from the FIL that was going on, but is it every area down there?

Mind you its not much better up here, we just bought a very run down house in a old beachy area, bit of a punt really, having seen the now crazy prices on the Gold and Sunshine coasts, last night looked at the area on the net and almost identical house, on same size block but with lots of traffic right outside is listed at $115,000 more than we paid, had to check it, drove down had a look as I couldnt believe the price diff but nope its not an error.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

nell71 is an unknown quantity at this point

can you tell me what other costs i would have to pay
if i bought a house in melbourne for aud 300,000
and had a mortgage for about 150,000

thanx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
The Forest Hill property you've shown is in a place just outside of Oxford. http://www.findaproperty.com/mappopu...t=0&pid=725647

My experience on a recent trip to the UK is that you're looking at twice the price for a comparative area.

I thought it was too good to be true, and strange that I couldnt recall what part it was in LOL. I thought it may have been in a mews type place across the road from Hornimans museum.

It came up at first as SE23, still there are quite a few at 300,000 quid, but no where as good as that one

They start to become acceptable at this point....

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&agentid=05350

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 23rd 2007 at 1:17 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The house in melbourne, whats happening down there sounds like everthing goes about 15 - 20% over the asking price, and look at the house, tiny!! and the neighbours house is almost on top of it

Knew from the FIL that was going on, but is it every area down there?

Mind you its not much better up here, we just bought a very run down house in a old beachy area, bit of a punt really, having seen the now crazy prices on the Gold and Sunshine coasts, last night looked at the area on the net and almost identical house, on same size block but with lots of traffic right outside is listed at $115,000 more than we paid, had to check it, drove down had a look as I couldnt believe the price diff but nope its not an error.
Yeah bloody estate agents underquote at auctions and blame unexpected results, except it happens just about everytime. It's hard to find a place that doesn't go to Auction.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was too good to be true, and strange that I couldnt recall what part it was in LOL. I thought it may have been in a mews type place across the road from Hornimans museum.

It came up at first as SE23, still there are quite a few at 300,000 quid, but no where as good as that one
When I saw it I thought "that's a nice country looking house". I know things like that can be found in London but they cost megabucks.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:57 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Just curious, as to how much people expect to or did indeed pay for their house in Aussie. I should imagine if people move from London for instance housing in Australia would seem very cheap, hence they would probably pay a lot more than say someone from Middlesborough. Thats only an assumption and based on presumed equity.

Surely how much a house costs would be the number one factor, after availablity of work and affordability are taken into account.

Above prices are in Aud of course.
Why are Brits sooooooo occupied with house prices?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
Why are Brits sooooooo occupied with house prices?
Probably the same reasons aussies are. They LOOOOORVE their property, and dont the prices show it.